What Have You Bought Today?

After 5 years decided to bite the bullet and get a duvalay topper arrived today and I'm very impressed so far
I've held off buying one for a long time due to the price.
Is it more than a double duvet cover, swen down the center to create 2 pockets. With a standard single duvet in one side and a 5cm memory foam in the other.

@paddy26 I bought the 'Duvalay Package' (single with the wider option 50mm memory foam insert) Your general description is essentially correct.... with a few enhancements.

The mattress cover is fitted with a zip so it is a perfect 'zipped in' fit. The duvet cover is attached and also zipped in, I believe. The package option provides an additional mattress/duvet cover, pillow slips, 2 duvets, winter and summer weights. It rolls into a nice storable bag... which is an optional purchase. As you have written, they are not cheap but are a 'one stop shop' solution, and very comfortable. Memory foam pillows are again, optional extras.

I imagine if you are handy in the sewing arena.... or know someone who is, :thumbsup: a similar package could be made.

After 5 years decided to bite the bullet and get a duvalay topper arrived today and I'm very impressed so far
God choice. We bought ours more or less as new from @interbear () here on the forum and have never regretted it - very comfy with the addition of a protector/topper. I often wind up with a dodgy back after sleeping in a strange bed but have never had any issues in the van since we got this kit.

Today I was mostly very bored, so I looked on Amazon to find stuff to purchase & pressed the "buy it now" button on:

View attachment 207260

To remove some of these at a date sometime in the future:

View attachment 207261

And 1 of these as I haven't got 1:

View attachment 207262

And a tin of this stuff as I've suddenly got a squeaky door hinge:

View attachment 207263

Eagerly awaiting "Tracey" our Amazon delivery driver for the knock on the door tomorrow...

I also bought a fresh large chicken from Morrisons to cook for tonights dinner, but as that has nothing to do with my Vw, I'll not post a picture of it on here. :cool:
I use a screwdriver for installing starlock washers. Place the screwdriver into one of the slots then turn it, they screw on perfectly.

Saved you £23 there mate.

image.jpg

That star nut was a pita to remove. A mate got them off with a bradawl. I may have to buy one of those tools to save lots of swearing as I lay under my Shuttle.

I wash the van and then spray the AutoGlym on. Then use a soft cloth to wipe the surface, and wash with water. You have to leave it for awhile to allow the stuff to do its thing, but not allow it to dry.

A pair of Cougar 2.5T (SWL????) car ramps, absolute junk. Actual height and width don’t match the listing and they appear to have been welded up by a 3 year old trying to save electricity.

Started collecting bits for a major service today as it's massively overdue and the van is slowly dying (plus it's my only vehicle at the moment)...

Genuine VW fuel filter £58
Liqui Moly gearbox oil £46

Then I got distracted and forgot to order anything else

These past few months have been tight with major life changes and the van has been mostly ignored save for an under tray. Now I can't ignore all the nasty noises anymore!

Back