What Have You Bought Today?

Started collecting bits for a major service today as it's massively overdue and the van is slowly dying (plus it's my only vehicle at the moment)...

Genuine VW fuel filter £58
Liqui Moly gearbox oil £46

Then I got distracted and forgot to order anything else

These past few months have been tight with major life changes and the van has been mostly ignored save for an under tray. Now I can't ignore all the nasty noises anymore!
Paid £34 from TPS for fuel filter last year. Has it gone up (entirely possible) or could you be paying too much?

One of these as one of my ARB bolts sheared when trying to remove it.

Unable to get the stud out so the only option was to replace the whole rear suspension arm.

The ever helpful @Dav-Tec to the rescue as he had a “Spare” lying about.

View attachment 207142

View attachment 207143
So easily done!

I did the same, but by tightening too much!

Good news? Garage was able to recover the sheared bolt. No new leg.

Bad news? Three hours labour plus VAT.

Paid £34 from TPS for fuel filter last year. Has it gone up (entirely possible) or could you be paying too much?

T6 engines have a different fuel filter to the T5.1 so the prices will vary. TPS prices do go up annually by x% but not usually by huge amounts (there are exceptions though).

So easily done!

I did the same, but by tightening too much!

Good news? Garage was able to recover the sheared bolt. No new leg.

Bad news? Three hours labour plus VAT.
I share your passion, I just sat there and looked at the sheered bolt head for five minutes. Thinking to myself “Now what”

I share your passion, I just sat there and looked at the sheered bolt head for five minutes. Thinking to myself “Now what”
Mate. Exactly the same!

Laid out under my van thinking… what have I just done!!!

I drove the van very slowly and carefully to the garage with one bolt holding the bracket in place. It

A whistling kettle:

1690749882040.png

From here with free shipping:

One of the two swivel seats and an Ovano table arrived yesterday.
Fitted those today and then started making some storage boxes out of some spare plywood I have lying about as a trial because I would like to make them with hex board in future (so excuse the paint job).
Slider storage pockets now under construction too!

20230730_172012.jpg

20230730_172133.jpg

20230730_172142.jpg

20230728_141152.jpg

20230729_170803.jpg

Bluetti EB55 power station. Haven't got the time or guts to fit a lesuire system in the van even though I bought a few bits for it.

Bluetti EB55 power station. Haven't got the time or guts to fit a lesuire system in the van even though I bought a few bits for it.
I've been weighing up whether to go with a leisure battery or a portable pack........
As a day van I think I might look into installing some permanent writing for 12v accessories and supplemental lighting that can then be switched between between the starter battery or a portable power pack while also allowing the portable to be charged while driving......

I've been weighing up whether to go with a leisure battery or a portable pack........
As a day van I think I might look into installing some permanent writing for 12v accessories and supplemental lighting that can then be switched between between the starter battery or a portable power pack while also allowing the portable to be charged while driving......
That's what mine is gonna be, simple day van. Insulated and sound deadened it but the wife can't sleep in it due to it being claustrophobic so a power station is the next best thing. I'm just having a hard time to get anything done on it due to work and a crappy summer so just getting one to get out camping.

One of the two swivel seats and an Ovano table arrived yesterday.
Fitted those today and then started making some storage boxes out of some spare plywood I have lying about as a trial because I would like to make them with hex board in future (so excuse the paint job).
Slider storage pockets now under construction too!

View attachment 207726

View attachment 207727

View attachment 207728

View attachment 207729

View attachment 207730
I can’t believe the storage units aren’t massed produced as there must be quite a few members who would buy one, I know I would.

Which swivel base did you opt for and are you happy with the base?

I can’t believe the storage units aren’t massed produced as there must be quite a few members who would buy one, I know I would.

Which swivel base did you opt for and are you happy with the base?
It is odd, loads of manufacturers making the larger (extremely expensive stuff) but none of the practical that I can see at least......

I've a simple latch to finalise which will ensure its held in place until disengaged, maybe once that's done to my liking I may start offering some for sale!

Went for used kiravan offset sliders, gave it a good service (lots of grease), added some tactical felt strips and it seems okay. Drivers is quite a faff to swivel (I may need more practice).

I prepped the passenger side, reinstalled the sub but parcelforce wouldn't deliver it Saturday on a 48 Hr service (it was posted Wednesday!).

20230728_083042.jpg

Luckily not. I'd rather have a real set of balls on my feet than a pair of crocs, lol.

I saw them on a Facebook feed.

My young 13 yr old nephew had an accident on his pushbike last year where he split open his scrotum and had to be stitched up. I bought him a ball bag bike light to hang from his saddle!
I thought it was funny anyway.
Who drops a real set of balls on your feet?

(Asking for a friend!!!)

Back