What Have You Bought Today?

A whistling kettle:

View attachment 207725

From here with free shipping:
For pride month? :whistle:

It is odd, loads of manufacturers making the larger (extremely expensive stuff) but none of the practical that I can see at least......

I've a simple latch to finalise which will ensure its held in place until disengaged, maybe once that's done to my liking I may start offering some for sale!

Went for used kiravan offset sliders, gave it a good service (lots of grease), added some tactical felt strips and it seems okay. Drivers is quite a faff to swivel (I may need more practice).

I prepped the passenger side, reinstalled the sub but parcelforce wouldn't deliver it Saturday on a 48 Hr service (it was posted Wednesday!).

View attachment 207731

Is that the "official" sub woofer?

If so how easy was it to fit (physically and wiring) and does it make much difference.

I'm really noticing the difference between the high end system we have in the Volvo and the OK but not great system in the Caravelle...

Is that the "official" sub woofer?

If so how easy was it to fit (physically and wiring) and does it make much difference.

I'm really noticing the difference between the high end system we have in the Volvo and the OK but not great system in the Caravelle...
It's the Kenwood KSC-PSW8
I believe it is the one that VW factory fit.
I found fitting it fairly straightforward.
I've a Highline with no rears, so following a guide on here I added a rear speaker feed to the factory stereo loom and installed speakers in the roof above the second row. I then tapped into those wires for the sub audio.
I took a power feed from beneath the passenger seat.
I like this one as it will auto switch on when it detects an audio feed negating the need to run a switch live.
In terms of locating it, I had to rejig the wiring harness below the passenger seat to accommodate it. Two wooden batons on the inside of the seat base and thick felt tape between all interfaces to minimise vibration and those annoying rattles that come with the low end!
I think the sub adds another dimension to the sound and can be dialed up and down on the remote that comes with it.
In short, well worth it.

It's the Kenwood KSC-PSW8
I believe it is the one that VW factory fit.
I found fitting it fairly straightforward.
I've a Highline with no rears, so following a guide on here I added a rear speaker feed to the factory stereo loom and installed speakers in the roof above the second row. I then tapped into those wires for the sub audio.
I took a power feed from beneath the passenger seat.
I like this one as it will auto switch on when it detects an audio feed negating the need to run a switch live.
In terms of locating it, I had to rejig the wiring harness below the passenger seat to accommodate it. Two wooden batons on the inside of the seat base and thick felt tape between all interfaces to minimise vibration and those annoying rattles that come with the low end!
I think the sub adds another dimension to the sound and can be dialed up and down on the remote that comes with it.
In short, well worth it.
Ta, very useful info :thumbsup:

There are rear speakers in the Caravelle but they are so far back I almost wish I could put audio books on for the kids in the rear while we have Spotify up front...

So actually dangerous info given I have a little bit of van purchase fund still left, if you know what I mean :sneaky:

Ta, very useful info :thumbsup:

There are rear speakers in the Caravelle but they are so far back I almost wish I could put audio books on for the kids in the rear while we have Spotify up front...

So actually dangerous info given I have a little bit of van purchase fund still left, if you know what I mean :sneaky:
Deffo worth a look then to see what audio options there are for the Caravelle then. I must say the 20% off at THQ eBay store has destroyed my wallet this weekend!

A service plan! My van was first registered in Oct 22 so thought I would check if I could get a service plan. VW online quoted £238 or £9.95 a month for first 2 services which from looking at their pricing looks cheaper than one service on its own!

Signed up for £9.95 a month as it seems like good value.

I have spent the last two hours on eBay , didn't notice the 20% off code , just spent shy of £1000 , all my windows, all the trims, and fitting kit, rear spoiler in indium gray, thq carpet glue, dodo sound deadening, thermal liner, insulation... The list goes on....

Thank you for pointing out the promo code.

A service plan! My van was first registered in Oct 22 so thought I would check if I could get a service plan. VW online quoted £238 or £9.95 a month for first 2 services which from looking at their pricing looks cheaper than one service on its own!

Signed up for £9.95 a month as it seems like good value.
That's massively better than I got. £720 for 2x service + MOT or £480 for 2x service.

That's massively better than I got. £720 for 2x service + MOT or £480 for 2x service.
I’m guessing that wasn’t for a new van and included extending the warranty and roadside? I saw another thread mentioning the £9.95 a month for new vehicles which is why I looked and signed up.

Back