What Have You Bought Today?

Another 12 months T6F VIP membership - one of the best van related purchases you can buy. I've also got another 2 years worth of VW All In Plan to splash out on tomorrow or Friday. Like any insurance, it's value for money if you need to make a claim but a total waste if you don't. Weirdly, I hope I'll be wasting my money.

Simplified my phone connectivity for Apple Car Play. Short Anker braided USB-C lightning cable, and a little vent mounted magnetic phone holder. No more tangle of cable (the short 1ft jobby is just right), the small magnetic vent mount grips to the air vent really well (with soft rubbery feet), and the magnet it comes with can be stuck on the INSIDE of my phone case and is still plenty strong enough to attach to the mount. Quite satisfying getting in the van and just throwing the phone into place :thumbsup:

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

Last edited:
Simplified my phone connectivity for Apple Car Play. Short Anker braided USB-C lightning cable, and a little vent mounted magnetic phone holder. No more tangle of cable (the short 1ft jobby is just right), the small magnetic vent mount grips to the air vent really well (with soft rubbery feet), and the magnet it comes with can be stuck on the INSIDE of my phone case and is still plenty strong enough to attach to the mount. Quite satisfying getting in the van and just throwing the phone into place :thumbsup:

View attachment 208111

View attachment 208113

View attachment 208112

View attachment 208110

View attachment 208109
They look like a good idea and overwhelmingly get 5* reviews, but a number say the phone falls off when driving. If it gets 77% 5* reviews and 2% 1* I generally assume the 2* are none too bright and have used it incorrectly. Let us know who is right, please. Amazon does a 2-pack for £11.99.

View attachment 208111

View attachment 208113

View attachment 208112

View attachment 208110

View attachment 208109
I’ve used https://www.amazon.de/dp/B099WY5FQT for over a year and a half now. Coupled with wireless CarPlay it’s been great, charges the phone and no plugs to fiddle with.

The phone has never dropped off the magnet but had to stick some 2 sided 3M tape to the clamp to get a good grip of the vent - it was fine to start with but after a while rubber pads compress so that it won’t hold 100% anymore

They look like a good idea and overwhelmingly get 5* reviews, but a number say the phone falls off when driving. If it gets 77% 5* reviews and 2% 1* I generally assume the 2* are none too bright and have used it incorrectly. Let us know who is right, please. Amazon does a 2-pack for £11.99.

Had it for a week or two now, and stuck the magnet on the inside of my phone case (you’d get a stronger ‘stick’ if you stuck it on the outside, I’m sure, but I didn’t want to do that), and it’s been solid enough mate. I’m on lowered suspension, so if was gonna come off, I reckon it would have by now. Maybe the poor reviews came from other cars where dash trim got in the way - seems to work fine on a T though. Wish I’d seen the 2 for £12, I’d have stuck one in the missus’ MINI as well. Get yourself one - if you’re not happy send it back to Amazon for a no quibbles refund, nowt to lose pal :thumbsup:

Two rollos dodo hex - I have a shuttle and its very quiet inside. Currently got front carpets out for amp wiring etc and had some mats left over from speakers. Thought I would do pedal areas and bulkhead then got carried away. May as well take all the seats and carpet out and see what it does to the echo sound I get when I dont have anything in the very rear load area.

Finding myself jobs I didnt know I was going to do

Two rollos dodo hex - I have a shuttle and its very quiet inside. Currently got front carpets out for amp wiring etc and had some mats left over from speakers. Thought I would do pedal areas and bulkhead then got carried away. May as well take all the seats and carpet out and see what it does to the echo sound I get when I dont have anything in the very rear load area.

Finding myself jobs I didnt know I was going to do
This place is very dangerous for that I'm finding...

One of these as one of my ARB bolts sheared when trying to remove it.

Unable to get the stud out so the only option was to replace the whole rear suspension arm.

The ever helpful @Dav-Tec to the rescue as he had a “Spare” lying about.

I would have used a heli-coil to save all the hassle

I would have used a heli-coil to save all the hassle
Not so easy when you need the van on the road within days of starting the job and not having a pillar drill to hand.

Not so easy when you need the van on the road within days of starting the job and not having a pillar drill to hand.
I jacked mine high enough to successfully drill the old bolt out and re tap it. If it had failed then I had the heli-coil kit at hand to oversize the hole and fit the HC. An hour of faffing!!

Look how shiney and new it looks. . .

i thought they were Grey lol . . . they obviously fade with the Suns UV etc. .

looks even better in Dark Black. . . . . . very nice storage bag too.

View attachment 205727

View attachment 205728

the quality feels good. . .

View attachment 205729

loving the Black KADOR strip as well.

i was umming and arring with @czmate1999 last week at Camperjam about getting a wide BLACK 6-6mm KADOR for my drive away awning.

ended up leaving it - but there is always Busfest right

:mexican wave:

View attachment 205730

++++++

edit:

yes they OOS, so I've added email notification when back in stock.

the feedback from @Deaky was that they are very good quality, worth the money, and has have lasted 4years +

thats a good enough reference for me........ S+S - take my money.

the Carbon poles have been out of stock for ages. . . .

so gave up and got a set of the regular black ones . . .

++++++++++++

to support the Railsail,

used with ground stakes so we dont need all the guy lines. . .

+++++++++

PS, if anyone has or knows anyone that has the carbon S+S poles, let me know.

+++++++++

+++++++++

1691131897630.png1691131912941.png1691131905327.png

+++++++++++

sold out for ever . . . . .

1691132124008.png

the Carbon poles have been out of stock for ages. . . .

so gave up and got a set of the regular black ones . . .

++++++++++++

to support the Railsail,

used with ground stakes so we dont need all the guy lines. . .

+++++++++

PS, if anyone has or knows anyone that has the carbon S+S poles, let me know.

+++++++++

+++++++++

View attachment 208288View attachment 208290View attachment 208289

+++++++++++

sold out for ever . . . . .

View attachment 208291

10cm longer, but would these work?

I jacked mine high enough to successfully drill the old bolt out and re tap it. If it had failed then I had the heli-coil kit at hand to oversize the hole and fit the HC. An hour of faffing!!
If you saw the drive the van is stored on you wouldn’t get under it. My drive is on a slope , isn’t it @Dav-Tec

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back