What Have You Bought Today?

This is the problem when buying a ex tradesmen van. I have 14 days to return it. I just haven't seen a better deal. £21k (no vat) for a 2017 highline. Plus I could get another in the shame or worse condition.

These vans are really expensive
Looks good, throw another 12 at it and you'll have a good camper!

This looks great, but will it keep my rear sensors?
Yes: it works with VW canbus, all functionality remains, even the moving lines on the reverse camera. But it does think the passenger door is the drivers door in the graphic, assume because it's designed for LHD markets. Other doors are fine, oddly. Other clues to LHD... + & - volume buttons wrong way around, and mic on the passenger side. But minor complaints for the price IMHO

Yes: it works with VW canbus, all functionality remains, even the moving lines on the reverse camera. But it does think the passenger door is the drivers door in the graphic, assume because it's designed for LHD markets. Other doors are fine, oddly. Other clues to LHD... + & - volume buttons wrong way around, and mic on the passenger side. But minor complaints for the price IMHO
Fabulous, thank you.

Seems much cheaper to purchase this via their website

A second look, it seems these are a general unit.

Sold on Amazon for £150.
Hikity Android Car Radio for VW Golf 5 Passat Polo Tiguan Touran Caddy with Sat Nav Wireless Carplay 9 Inch Car Radio Bluetooth 2 Din with Screen AHD Reversing Camera Microphone RDS FM SWC WiFi HiFi https://amzn.eu/d/0HDmwZQ

you can change the doors in the factory settings

I do find myself slightly concerned by the reviews on Amazon, Bluetooth connectivity seems like a recurring issue, but for £150? If my screen had packed up I would certainly consider it though.

Fabulous, thank you.

Seems much cheaper to purchase this via their website

A second look, it seems these are a general unit.

Sold on Amazon for £150.
Hikity Android Car Radio for VW Golf 5 Passat Polo Tiguan Touran Caddy with Sat Nav Wireless Carplay 9 Inch Car Radio Bluetooth 2 Din with Screen AHD Reversing Camera Microphone RDS FM SWC WiFi HiFi https://amzn.eu/d/0HDmwZQ
Not the same model only 4 core 1gb ram only 16gb rom & android 11

Ordered 7L of Liqui Moly engine oil (Top Tec 4200 5w30) £77, OEM oil filter £8.50 and some more parts for the front end swap which seems like it'll have to go on hold until after Christmas.

Happy Saturday all!

Reactions: CAB
A 2400x1200mm sheet of 18mm ply so I can start building my MTB drawer/bed/kitchen pod.

It fits into a caravelle with everything removed... Just! There's literally zero room either side.

View attachment 208429
Out of interest every Caravelle jack storage cover I've seen never seems to clip down properly, seems to be a bit of the interior very prone to clip breaking

Out of interest every Caravelle jack storage cover I've seen never seems to clip down properly, seems to be a bit of the interior very prone to clip breaking
Ha, yeah I think I caught it when putting the sheet in - it normally stays put, but I think the bottom clips might be broken.

Ha, yeah I think I caught it when putting the sheet in - it normally stays put, but I think the bottom clips might be broken.
I was going to nag the dealer about mine but then I solved the issue by fitting a rear kitchen :cool:

Back