What Have You Bought Today?

Do you get this towards the end of the warranty or can I buy it before
You cannot buy it before the end of any existing warranty (in my case another All In plan). I called VW the day after the 2 year period was up as their system was still showing my van with the cover and I couldn't go any further (even though I had used the 2 years VW Assist, 2 MOTs and 2 services). It turns out that they regard the finish date as the 3 year point as that's how long you get to use the 2 included services. The nice german lady that I spoke to cancelled the previous plan on their system and I was then clear to buy the next one online. I have to say that I debated with myself for a while on whether or not to renew it as my nearest service centre is some distance away from me but in the end the advantages outweighed the disadvantages (including the annual 100 odd mile return journey for a service).

You cannot buy it before the end of any existing warranty (in my case another All In plan). I called VW the day after the 2 year period was up as their system was still showing my van with the cover and I couldn't go any further (even though I had used the 2 years VW Assist, 2 MOTs and 2 services). It turns out that they regard the finish date as the 3 year point as that's how long you get to use the 2 included services. The nice german lady that I spoke to cancelled the previous plan on their system and I was then clear to buy the next one online. I have to say that I debated with myself for a while on whether or not to renew it as my nearest service centre is some distance away from me but in the end the advantages outweighed the disadvantages (including the annual 100 odd mile return journey for a service).
I feel it’s a good call. With inflation the way it is, services will only ever go up!

A new black and grey 'car trash can' to go with our old black and grey labrador.
Mrs Wayne was always embarrassed by our use and display of heavy duty doggy bags on our doorstep of the van for teabags and coffee pods (any food waste is naturally consumed by said Zak the Labrador).
No more! This wonderful device, although not obvious to construct, will be a point of envy to any neighbouring campers who happen to gaze upon its veritable beauty..... not..... potentially the best £12 I have spent all week!20230806_193635.jpg20230806_193607.jpg20230806_193635.jpg20230806_193607.jpg

Two things that have proved their worth at the opposite end of the price scale; stretcher bars for the awning and a Netgear Nighthawk M5.

The stretcher bars were invaluable combatting Fridays high winds in Pembroke giving rigidity that is absent in inflatable tents and the M5, allowing decent movie streaming despite the lack of poor signal strength (two bars max)

IMG_4106.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg

Two things that have proved their worth at the opposite end of the price scale; stretcher bars for the awning and a Netgear Nighthawk M5.

The stretcher bars were invaluable combatting Fridays high winds in Pembroke giving rigidity that is absent in inflatable tents and the M5, allowing decent movie streaming despite the lack of poor signal strength (two bars max)

View attachment 208720

View attachment 208730
What a good idea I thought, the M5. Just had a look at the £800 price ticket and thought that we will continue to make do with our 46 inch rear projection TV and betamax video in the van. Great idea though!

Back