What Have You Bought Today?

Two things that have proved their worth at the opposite end of the price scale; stretcher bars for the awning and a Netgear Nighthawk M5.

The stretcher bars were invaluable combatting Fridays high winds in Pembroke giving rigidity that is absent in inflatable tents and the M5, allowing decent movie streaming despite the lack of poor signal strength (two bars max)

View attachment 208720

View attachment 208730
Where do the bars come from, that's a great idea.

Wheel to the right a bit more, mind your display! Snap, same as mine!
Same as mine too...

Not had any issue with the display but when it's low like that I have come back to the van to find I'd put the parking lights on by knocking the indicator stalk. Not catastrophic thankfully as it's all LED but not great.

I ended up putting a thin bit of foam in the black bit to protect the top of the wheel.

Wifey and daughter are just off to NZ to see her brother for 2 weeks, she's just come back with 6 bottles of Rioja.. As if that makes up for being home alone with only the dog, cat and mother in law to look after. It will help though...
Dog, cat and mother in law - is that in order of preference?

Same as mine too...

Not had any issue with the display but when it's low like that I have come back to the van to find I'd put the parking lights on by knocking the indicator stalk. Not catastrophic thankfully as it's all LED but not great.

I ended up putting a thin bit of foam in the black bit to protect the top of the wheel.
Is a shout having some foam on the clasp - I have some left over 5mm insulation that I can cut on to it. Nice one

Is a shout having some foam on the clasp - I have some left over 5mm insulation that I can cut on to it. Nice one
Needs to be quite thin I find. The standard fit was pretty good but I noticed a faint ridge on the very edge left on the wheel that took a few moments to go away and was worried about long term.

Too much and I think it would squeeze and cause other issues, you want just enough that the weight of the lock doesn't press the lower edge into the wheel covering.

Needs to be quite thin I find. The standard fit was pretty good but I noticed a faint ridge on the very edge left on the wheel that took a few moments to go away and was worried about long term.

Too much and I think it would squeeze and cause other issues, you want just enough that the weight of the lock doesn't press the lower edge into the wheel covering.
I use a handkerchief folded in half, perfect and occasionally useful to wipe sneeze off the windscreen! It's washed every 12 months without fail.

Back