What Have You Bought Today?

I'm getting fed up with this thread now! Money seems to be going in one direction only! Lovely to get two new tyres on the front, but not lovely to be shown a crack in the alloy. Forced by the forum to get a new alloy, gaffer tape wouldn't do apparently! Here it is, off to get it fitted in a minute...

20230818_111956.jpg

Apologies @ReevSie, but my pedantic nature won't let that go unchallenged. That's a map of the UK (or of GB+NI), but not a map of UK+NI.:uh run:
My own pedantry notes the faint outline of the whole of Ireland and the Isle of Man so, arguably, it's a map of the British Isles (we can argue about Guernsey and Jersey - I'd say they were off the edge)
600px-British_Isles_Euler_diagram_15.svg.png

Image from Wikipedia though CGP Grey covers it in a much more interesting fashion.

Pedantry aside that's a damn fine looking thing :thumbsup:

My own pedantry notes the faint outline of the whole of Ireland and the Isle of Man so, arguably, it's a map of the British Isles (we can argue about Guernsey and Jersey - I'd say they were off the edge)
View attachment 210069

Image from Wikipedia though CGP Grey covers it in a much more interesting fashion.

You've some eyesight! Well spotted mucker!

View attachment 210069

Well spotted! I didn't notice the unshaded/unnamed landmasses, which is probably as intended and an indication that IOM/ROI were "out of scope"... perhaps... maybe? :)

Dodo sound deadinging sheets.
I cannot recommend highly enough how amazing these are. Driving around without them was the same sound as kicking an empty coke can down the road. Now the side and rear doors shut like a 7 series bmw. The tin sound and echo has COMPLETELY disappeared. I have no idea how this works, but super happy and impressed how it does, also a bonus as I got my boy to do it! :)

IMG_1526.jpeg

Back