What Have You Bought Today?

This looks great, but will it keep my rear sensors?
The one I bought still does the reversing sensors, but it actually looks for a camera first, so you just say OK on the screen and it goes back to the usual "radar" screen (it still beeps even if you don't say OK.)

The one Binned_it bought had gone, so I bought this one:

RCD360 For VW Transporter T5.1 T6 Radio Car Play Android Auto 6.5 MQB MIB Stereo | eBay

Which is VW by origin, but has been reclaimed from a written-off vehicle in the Indian / Russian market.. ( was a bit conflicted about the Russia thing, but I guess my came from India..) It was in perfect condition and obviously reprogrammed.

I did need an additional cable for the FM, but communications with the seller was great, and I got the cable I needed within 2 days (£14.99).

Add one Android auto wirelesses adaptor for £45,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0C3R9SXVZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and that's it, no more faffing around with cables, additional sat nav mounts yadda yadda, live Sat Nav in the dash.

Thanks Binned It

Bought some time ago but the picture of the Yeti mug reminded me...

If you have the T6.1 "comfort" dash then the Nespresso Touch vacuum travel mug fits the odd cupholders perfectly.

I had one in silver and now MrsR has one in gold (because if I put coffee MrsR's I'm sleeping on the couch for week - she hates the taste even after repeated washings)

Screenshot_20230829-191311-01.jpeg

For 'convenience' sake..... It occurred to me that the majority of my expeditions may be just for the odd day, or perhaps a weekend fishing trip. While I do have the 'Thetford' which is new and unused I think by the time I had it set up and made useable, I may be in deep s****! :eek: To prep it with the necessary fluids and then not need it seems a bit of a faff. Perfectly good for a longer stay trip, of course.

So, I have just invested in the 'Carp Life' Bivvy Loo. I think this is a really handy, hygienic as it can be, and quick way to overcome the tedious tasks of 'Thetford' prep and cleaning. The Carp Life Bivvy Loo is also incredibly compact and takes up very little space in the van.... and it is fully portable.

I have no association with this product but am quite impressed with many reasons for including it in the van, as emergency kit!

have the sam for emergencies - I recommend the bag in a bag technique.

first in - a bin bag to cover everything, second in is the waste bag. then at least you know the throne stays 100% clean! :)

Back