What Have You Bought Today?

Bought a Netgear Nighthawk M6 and upped my o2 sim to unlimited data.
Have had the M5 for over a year and have never been disappointed with data rates. Started using mine to feed TIDAL on the move with my Halo 11. Discovered TIDAL drops out frequently with the phone hotspot but less so with the M5. Enjoy

This week -

Fiamma F45S 3m Awning
Rain guard for the above
Storm straps for the above
Just Kampers drivers swivel

This campervan thing is getting expensive :p

After getting wet I was going to buy a rain guard for the F45s but after having my flabbers well and truely ghasted at the price I went for some £3 pipe insulation. So far so good . I’ll usually throw money at the van but £73 for the guard was a bit steep.

IMG_0172.png

After getting wet I was going to buy a rain guard for the F45s but after having my flabbers well and truely ghasted at the price I went for some £3 pipe insulation. So far so good . I’ll usually throw money at the van but £73 for the guard was a bit steep.

View attachment 248848
Just fitted my £80 strip of rubber on Sat. You are right, mad money for what it is. Seems to work thankfully. Due to having the 3m awning, I have a decent distance from the brackets to the outer awning. I ended up fitting the middle between brackets and rear part, figure the front might give a bit of wind noise.

View attachment 248848
iam with you on this. My solution was to cut lengthways, an old rubber exercise mat, about 20-30cm in width. One length edge is trapped in the fiamma awning by partially opening it and then closing it, the other draped over the awning. Works a treat

Coupled with using the awning pole as a means to keep the rain from pooling in the awning I think I have a perfect solution :)

IMG_6753.jpeg

IMG_6752.jpeg

IMG_6811.jpeg

Last edited:
First trial run, on the drive, of our new baby awning an 'Outwell Touring Air'. I didn't want to look more of a fool than normal putting it up for the first time in front of our own appreciative audience at Camperjam on Thursday. Very easy to put up and deflate and return it to its carry bag without swearing at it.
Useful bit 'o kit to add to the awning fleet!

20240702_113804.jpg

20240702_151157.jpg

First trial run, on the drive, of our new baby awning an 'Outwell Touring Air'. I didn't want to look more of a fool than normal putting it up for the first time in front of our own appreciative audience at Camperjam on Thursday. Very easy to put up and deflate and return it to its carry bag without swearing at it.

View attachment 248932

View attachment 248933
I think we will all need a place to shelter this weekend at Camperjam by the look of it :confused:

View attachment 248932

View attachment 248933
Them guy ropes are long. You only get part of a field allotted, not the whole field.:D

Debus are selling some "seconds" of their awnings at £60

Just put mine up for the first time and this the extend of my “seconds”

For half price I can live with this mark! Only on the underside, but guess that is the side you see more often
Cheers for posting this - we have decided to get one after the weekends camping turned wet and windy, us having had no room to pack the air-awning.

Back