What Have You Bought Today?

if your thinking induction hob for EHU only not inverter use go for a 2000w one we have 2 and you never run them both at 2000w even if you cook rice/pasta put it on 2000w to get the water boiling then down to 800w cook with a lid on its probably less it is nice to have the 2000w to boil up the kettle quick
Thanks. That's a helpful consideration.

So the Vango sizzle arrived today, nice and compact, pulls 733 watts on full power
The little Cosori air fryer pulls 800 watts at full power
The slow cooker pulls 85 watts on full power, we won’t be taking all these appliances away at the same time as we have a double gas hob in the van, but nice to mix things around and have optionsFA5EA5DC-C1A9-466F-A7CE-68B26FC45036.jpeg694E063A-D635-4161-B1FE-8F1BA0886216.jpegAD9B2BC7-F414-42CD-BCEE-607E725F0C33.jpeg

62F10C4F-6562-42B8-8982-0F5863230E33.jpeg

So the Vango sizzle arrived today, nice and compact, pulls 733 watts on full power
The slow cooker pulls 85 watts on full power, we won’t be taking all these appliances away at the same time as we have a double gas hob in the van, but nice to mix things around and have optionsView attachment 249730View attachment 249731View attachment 249732

View attachment 249733
Thats the air fryer which I have purchased! Not tested it in the van yet

Ok, so what is the thing you made the toast on? And is it nice toast? (We call the one we have now the staler). And is it single slice?
It was nice toast.
You need to keep it on low heat and keep an eye on it. I also moved the slices about so the edges got toasted too.
It’s just a single slice it does but packs away flat.
I’ve seen others that do 3 or 4 slices at a time on a gas stove but not sure if they work as well.
Here’s a link

It was nice toast.
You need to keep it on low heat and keep an eye on it. I also moved the slices about so the edges got toasted too.
I’ve seen others that do 3 or 4 slices at a time on a gas stove but not sure if they work as well.
Here’s a link
It fulfils the 'two uses' rule too, as you could use it to swat flies! :p

It was nice toast.
Here’s a link
Yes....nice toast. Been using the same for 35 years now. The wire mesh is available for replacement , if needed. (have'nt needed one yet) Cheers.

The slow cooker pulls 85 watts on full power, we won’t be taking all these appliances away at the same time as we have a double gas hob in the van, but nice to mix things around and have optionsView attachment 249730View attachment 249731View attachment 249732

View attachment 249733
That's some choice! We've been considering a Remoska Tria, but it seems to be currently unavailable (which doesn't instill much confidence in case of warranty validity etc.)
The main aim is to find an alternative to gas (currently use the R907 bottle either in the van or with a Camping Gas 2 ring stove outside) because of the cost, and difficulty of knowing when it's going to run out. The Vango Sizzle double hob might be an option - presumably 800w each hob?? Would using both at the same time overload your average EHU?

My Anymaka portable hammock arrived today and i have got say it lives up to the heavy social media advertising. Sturdy bag, well engineered, collapsable hammock and above all super comfy. Ranks in my top 10 of "and what else can i throw money at" league. On the look out for a mosquito net now

IMG_7033.jpeg

IMG_7032.jpeg

IMG_7035.jpeg

IMG_7037.jpeg

Last edited:
Back