What Have You Bought Today?

And a couple of eggs? Tada eggy-bread!!

A childhood memory right there!
All good suggestions as well, the frying pan is a marvel :thumbsup:

On a boat it's other alternative use is an emergency paddle - once deployed on a Broads Cruiser who's throttle Bowden cable parted at a really bad time.

Three 5g router as my 02 phone speed not great - getting between 100 and 400 mbps with this still to try it out on a site.

Obviously needs 240v so need to be on EHU,

IMG_6556.png

2 new front tyres after I found a bulge in the sidewall of one of them.
Gone for budget for the first time ever. Early impressions are good. Quiet, good steering wheel feel. Wait for the rain I guess to see if they are ditch-finders.
Anyway, always an opportunity to get your head under while the tyre man is doing his thing.
And……there’s oily dampness around the drive shaft on the nearside-any guesses?IMG_6725.jpeg
And…….much worse is the amount of oil around the off side which looks like it could be my turn to have the main oil seal done.
I’ll get it booked in at the garage as it’s nearly due a service anyway.

IMG_6726.jpeg

I'd put a lot of money on that power supply being 12v - have a look at the ratings details on it.

That doesn't mean you should connect it directly the the van electrics as that can actually vary from 11v to 15v, but it does mean you could use a straight forward 12v to 12v regulated power supply. Just check it can provide enough current compared to the original PSU and that the polarity is the same again should be on the ratings info on the PSU as a little diagram (I tend to avoid the generic ones with reversible tips for this reason)

Bought yesterday received today, the answer to my Jormax top rails neighbour leaning on the fence issues. Instead of electrifying the top rails, I can now welcome folk to lean on the top rails whilst (usually) waiting for a coffee or tea to be prepared! I know there are other ways of doing this with plumbing gear, but this works and is easy, neat enough and good for me! £9.99 for 100 assorted Jubilee clips from the Amazon.

20240711_120638.jpg

1000008425.jpg

I'd put a lot of money on that power supply being 12v - have a look at the ratings details on it.

That doesn't mean you should connect it directly the the van electrics as that can actually vary from 11v to 15v, but it does mean you could use a straight forward 12v to 12v regulated power supply. Just check it can provide enough current compared to the original PSU and that the polarity is the same again should be on the ratings info on the PSU as a little diagram (I tend to avoid the generic ones with reversible tips for this reason)
Hi roadtripper

You are right turned it upside down and says 12v 1.5A so will look into that

Three 5g router as my 02 phone speed not great - getting between 100 and 400 mbps with this still to try it out on a site.

View attachment 250244
Don't get your hopes up too much with 5g, it's more in built up areas, you need to be within a km or 2 of a mast, if you have line of sight.

It's excellent when you do have a good signal, I used Three 5G broadband at home for a couple of years and had 700mbps download speeds, but I was 300m from my mast.

You'll still obviously have 4g internet even if you don't have a 5g signal.

Debus are selling some "seconds" of their awnings at £60

Just put mine up for the first time and this the extend of my “seconds”

For half price I can live with this mark! Only on the underside, but guess that is the side you see more often

View attachment 248949

Thanks to both for the heads up - mine arrived last night :thumbsup:. Only had it up on the drive for now, but apart from one tiny ink spot, I can't see anything wrong with it. Should prove very useful for one-nighters as an alternative to the Vango Kilda air awning - and a fraction of the time & stress to put up/take down!

Also received a thermal screen cover by Maypole (both items came from Funky Leisure), but unfortunately the screen cover doesn't seem to fit, so will probably have to be returned :confused:

IMG_20240710_181510603.jpg

Don't get your hopes up too much with 5g, it's more in built up areas, you need to be within a km or 2 of a mast, if you have line of sight.

It's excellent when you do have a good signal, I used Three 5G broadband at home for a couple of years and had 700mbps download speeds, but I was 300m from my mast.

You'll still obviously have 4g internet even if you don't have a 5g signal.
Last time we were away my youngest had Internet but different network (all be it slow) - I had none and as of todays youngster would not share it in case his game went down!

Maybe I should have said I would not share the van

My thinking is homeworking could be get out in the van, nice view and work from there - just need to work out how to power the laptop.

Reactions: CAB
just need to work out how to power the laptop.

This is how I've done it:-

Might help!

Bought yesterday received today, the answer to my Jormax top rails neighbour leaning on the fence issues. Instead of electrifying the top rails, I can now welcome folk to lean on the top rails whilst (usually) waiting for a coffee or tea to be prepared! I know there are other ways of doing this with plumbing gear, but this works and is easy, neat enough and good for me! £9.99 for 100 assorted Jubilee clips from the Amazon.

View attachment 250247

View attachment 250248
I find a belt across the fingers with a big stick works just as well and is more satisfying :sneaky:

We have no water system in our van, and when we're camping we have been using a collapsible water container which honestly is more than useless. This then cause some minor frustrations and the occasional wet feet!

I was on the hunt for a rigid water container for our upcoming trip to France to try and make things more manageable. That's when I stumbled upon this:

Absolutely perfect for what we need! And the best bit, the tap comes with adapters so that you can fit it to a multitude of different water containers/bottles!

We have no water system in our van, and when we're camping we have been using a collapsible water container which honestly is more than useless. This then cause some minor frustrations and the occasional wet feet!

I was on the hunt for a rigid water container for our upcoming trip to France to try and make things more manageable. That's when I stumbled upon this:

Absolutely perfect for what we need! And the best bit, the tap comes with adapters so that you can fit it to a multitude of different water containers/bottles!

Do you have a link for this please @tommy_t6.1

John.

And…….much worse is the amount of oil around the off side which looks like it could be my turn to have the main oil seal done.
I’ll get it booked in at the garage as it’s nearly due a service anyway.
Hi @Bigsidavies make sure you get the timing belt replaced when the seal is replaced as the oil contaminates the belt causing it to disintegrate causing failure. My friends garage is seeing this happen all the time, even on engine with millage as low as 50k. What’s the mileage on yours?

Back