What Have You Bought Today?

A LeShuttle ticket for the 15th September evening, one way only!

The Eurotrip is on! :cool:

Oh and a Emovis tag via the slightly discounted LeShuttle offer.

Return channel tunnel ticket will be booked when I'm out there, either when I've got a few days left off work and can't really make an excuse to stay out there, or the weather is minging, or I've had enough of the french... :rofl:

3 weeks off work from the 16th September to the 4th October so I'll probably be in Europe for most of, if not all, that time.
Do you have travel insurance?

Might be worth checking the Ts & Cs; apparently some require a booked return otherwise invalid.

Do you have travel insurance?

Might be worth checking the Ts & Cs; apparently some require a booked return otherwise invalid.
I'll check that, haven't purchased travel insurance yet.

Today's purchase...

:p
1724234061327.png

I've got a list of stuff I want to code:

Wheel size adjustment
DRL on when handbrake is on
Auto lock at xx mph
Teardrop wide
Needle sweep...

Plus I'm sure there's more. I'll probably do the big MPH after I get back from the Europe trip.

Last edited:
Plus I'm sure there's more.
There is!!!

Here's a few I've done:-
  • Tear drop wipe
  • Mirror fold on lock (rather than long-press of lock button)
  • MPH digital display
  • Fogs on with High Beam
  • Custom TPMS settings now I've got 20" wheels
  • Activated rear speaker fade
  • Needle sweep on ignition ('celebration' or something daft it's called!)
  • Tweaked the trailer characteristics to enable a ignition live under the passenger seat
Some are T6.1 specific and some you'll have done already as you have a 'Velle

Many more available!

There is!!!

Here's a few I've done:-
  • Tear drop wipe
  • Mirror fold on lock (rather than long-press of lock button)
  • MPH digital display
  • Fogs on with High Beam
  • Custom TPMS settings now I've got 20" wheels
  • Activated rear speaker fade
  • Needle sweep on ignition ('celebration' or something daft it's called!)
  • Tweaked the trailer characteristics to enable a ignition live under the passenger seat
Some are T6.1 specific and some you'll have done already as you have a 'Velle

Many more available!
The mirror fold on lock I'd love to have (currently long hold the lock button to get them to fold) but I'll need to read up as I'm not sure it's possible on the T6, right?

Still, plenty to be getting on with!

I've got a list of stuff I want to code:

Wheel size adjustment
DRL on when handbrake is on
Auto lock at xx mph
Teardrop wide
Needle sweep...

Plus I'm sure there's more. I'll probably do the big MPH after I get back from the Europe tritrip
I had all of these coded into mine off a mod on here, was a massive improvement

The mirror fold on lock I'd love to have (currently long hold the lock button to get them to fold) but I'll need to read up as I'm not sure it's possible on the T6, right?

Still, plenty to be getting on with!
My Passat does that. Good normally but not so great in snow or if the car ices up as you end up with a mirror full of snow/ice and you can hear the extra strain on the mechanism. I often wonder if changing it to manual selection would be better and save a lot of wear in the motors - I don’t need them folding on the drive but absolutely on the street.

The 'fold on lock/unfold on unlock' option sounds cool, but not sure it's very practical on a camper - the whirring noise, the wear on the motor and the power draw on the SB are all considerations when you're constantly in and out of the van whilst on site.

The 'fold on lock/unfold on unlock' option sounds cool, but not sure it's very practical on a camper - the whirring noise, the wear on the motor and the power draw on the SB are all considerations when you're constantly in and out of the van whilst on site.

These ones apparently fold on lock/unlock. I wanted them for mine

Sounds like you need an Ablemail AMT 12- 2 @Bav .
Easy to fit, keeps the SB topped up nicely.

It's possible, but requires an extra 'module' thing in the doors - I did it on a T5.1

One of these:- www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226087925145

Works just fine, just more fiddly than with a laptop 'tweak'!!
I think you only need that wiring adaptor for 2017MY vans that have the wrong control module (ends in Q I think). I’m fairly sure that if you can do fold on long press then it can be adapted in vcds to do fold on lock.
I remember all the hassle I had trying to sort mine out (2017) and never managed it in the end.

Currently discussing SB trickle-charging with my converter, but that's a whole other story and probably requires its own thread.
2nd recommendation for the Ablemail AMT 12-2 here, if you've got a big LiFePO4 battery and/or solar, it's a literal fit and forget option.

My SB never goes below 12.3v now.
1724247394944.png

2nd recommendation for the Ablemail AMT 12-2 here, if you've got a big LiFePO4 battery and/or solar, it's a literal fit and forget option.

My SB never goes below 12.3v now.
View attachment 256093
Yes, the Ablemail seems a very well regarded product on the forum, which makes me question why my converter is trying to push me down the route of a Balmar Digital Duo Charge. The Balmar is almost x3 the cost (...perhaps I've just answered my own question! :rolleyes:)

To be fair, that does seem like a more powerful option (looks like it can provide up to 30a charging from LB to SB) but I don't think you'd anything that powerful. Even with constant use on site, or the van being left standing for weeks, the Ablemail is capable of keeping it topped up.

Yes, the Ablemail seems a very well regarded product on the forum, which makes me question why my converter is trying to push me down the route of a Balmar Digital Duo Charge. The Balmar is almost x3 the cost (...perhaps I've just answered my own question! :rolleyes:)
If your converter charged you £50 for fitting the Ablemail, he'd be ripping you off! As Paul says SB no less than 12.3 now. No SB anxiety any more.
And don't forget, you are Northern!
X

Back