What Have You Bought Today?

That’s fine. If you put the Ablemail by the DC-DC you won’t need much at all. 1m red,1m black should be fine. You don’t need to run a cable back to the SB, you just intercept the one that come from the SB to the DC-DC near the DC-DC.
Could I ask you a further question please about what connectors I will need? I’d like to order to ablemail and leads but I don’t know what type and size of connector I will need to crimp onto the lead. Since my van is a daily drive I don’t want to wait until I’ve pulled out the seats to find out and order them. I’d be happy to order a mixed box set if there was such as thing in a useful range of sizes and types. Thank you.

Could I ask you a further question please about what connectors I will need? I’d like to order to ablemail and leads but I don’t know what type and size of connector I will need to crimp onto the lead. Since my van is a daily drive I don’t want to wait until I’ve pulled out the seats to find out and order them. I’d be happy to order a mixed box set if there was such as thing in a useful range of sizes and types. Thank you.
The Ablemail comes with crimp spade connectors to connect to the Ablemail. The other end of the cables I just used bare wire and put them in the DC-DC terminals alongside the existing cables. This works fine on the older 18 or 30A Victron Orions (can be very tight if you are using 16mm2 cable) but I understand isn’t so good on the new XS because of the cable cover. If you want to connect to other points such as a busbar, vehicle ground point etc then that will depend on exactly what those connections are.

Took a drive out on this beautiful summers day :rofl: to my local camping goods emporium (actually a decent, independent one with good prices and a LOT of stuff to choose from.... :D ) and picked up a Ridgemonkey and hand dandy folding bin (I always just end up with a bag tied to a door handle or similar!).

PXL_20240824_130205754.jpg

Also pondered on whether to spend £60 on what is basically sh***ng in a bag (posh style)
1724504885399.png

Vs Spending £60 on an actual porta potti which might take up a bit more space, but will be much easier to, ahem... deal with afterwards...
1724505094150.png

£60 to crap in a bag seems, expensive, no?

Took a drive out on this beautiful summers day :rofl: to my local camping goods emporium (actually a decent, independent one with good prices and a LOT of stuff to choose from.... :D ) and picked up a Ridgemonkey and hand dandy folding bin (I always just end up with a bag tied to a door handle or similar!).

View attachment 256436

Also pondered on whether to spend £60 on what is basically sh***ng in a bag (posh style)
View attachment 256437

Vs Spending £60 on an actual porta potti which might take up a bit more space, but will be much easier to, ahem... deal with afterwards...
View attachment 256438

Those Bivvy loo's are excellent, wifey swears by it, and very easy to deal with the aftermath, and when space is at a premium, it's a winner all round.

Those Bivvy loo's are excellent, wifey swears by it, and very easy to deal with the aftermath, and when space is at a premium, it's a winner all round.
Ahh, OK - when you say aftermath are you talking just number 1's? As I'd use a pee bottle/bush/discreet location for that. It's emergency number 2's that I need to cater for. When you really need to go but there's no toilets within a few miles/running from the knees down* distance.

I doubt I'll need to use it more than once or twice per year, TBH - but I'd rather have it there, just in case, than not.

The Bivvy loo compactness when it'll just be sitting in the van for months is very appealing.

*depending on severity of aforementioned 'need to go'!

View attachment 256436

View attachment 256437

View attachment 256438

I'm currently debating the Bivvy bag v PortaPotti.

I agree you seen to get much more for your £60 with the PortaPotti.

I'm currently debating the Bivvy bag v PortaPotti.

I agree you seen to get much more for your £60 with the PortaPotti.
It's all the various chemicals associated with the portapotti, Bivvy loo will gratefully accept number 2's, and sanitary products, I have been told.
Wifey puts the Bivvy on a pedestal (one of our tough boxes) to achieve the preferred height!

I've said it on here before but I use Mel's method, then you don't need to worry about chemicals, starts at 09:30 if you want to fast forward.

Ahh, OK - when you say aftermath are you talking just number 1's? As I'd use a pee bottle/bush/discreet location for that. It's emergency number 2's that I need to cater for. When you really need to go but there's no toilets within a few miles/running from the knees down* distance.

I doubt I'll need to use it more than once or twice per year, TBH - but I'd rather have it there, just in case, than not.

The Bivvy loo compactness when it'll just be sitting in the van for months is very appealing.

*depending on severity of aforementioned 'need to go'!
OMG! You put "running from the knees down" and I read "running down your legs". :sick:

I'm slow on the uptake sometimes, but I get there... eventually. :rolleyes:

View attachment 256436

View attachment 256437

View attachment 256438

Different loos for different poos

Back