What Have You Bought Today?

Bought it at the weekend. Arrived today. Ablemail AMT12-2. A lot smaller than I expected. I took the photo with my van key in shot for comparison. It comes with 4 spade tags as well. I now need to find the time and skills to fit it along with the Victron shunt that I bought last week. First I’ll need to get the drivers seat and swivel base out. Then I’ll do some measuring as I contemplate upgrading the AGM battery for a LifePo4 battery.

IMG_4528.jpeg

Last edited:
Overtaking something on a crawler lane? There's always a sneaky speed trap at the top as you're always having to boot it to get past the 40mph dawdler who decides to speed up to 60mph up the crawler lane!!
It's the A30 between the M5 and Cornwall. It was 74 miles on the A30 until my turn at Torquay, u was overtaking a tractor in the slow(er) lane, but I didn't see it go from 70 to 60. 70mph speed limit on the whole 73.99 miles, I choose to overtake at the 0.01 which is a 60

Screenshot_20240829_202950_Maps.jpg

That's the spot, although, that's not the camera. It was a big average speed looking one, 2 cameras on one arm thing. Locals will know the spot no doubt

On the brake pedal too....I think I need to re brand my forum name @The Flying Scotsman ...... I mean, English man
That’s actually where my forum name came from. It was my name on the GTR forums when I had my 600bhp skyline.
Made more sense on those forums but I stuck with it. It’s also my name on the salmon fishing forum and what I’ve named my custom rod building company.
The Flying Scotsman custom rods.
Or TFS rods as they have become known as.

That’s actually where my forum name came from. It was my name on the GTR forums when I had my 600bhp skyline.
Made more sense on those forums but I stuck with it. It’s also my name on the salmon fishing forum and what I’ve named my custom rod building company.
The Flying Scotsman custom rods.
Or TFS rods as they have become known as.
Skyline

A lad I know had a 1000bhp R35, I rigged that with my camera too

Added yet another kettle to the collection, this time a Vango 1:6 litre stainless steel, @£12, so I can use it on the little induction hob, nice that the handle folds down and it CEF78DF9-27CC-45FC-A3EC-DA4912F93112.jpeghas a whistle, adding to the authentic camping experience, always reminds me of camping holidays as a kid

Wanting to buy a mat for the front.. 2 single seats, as i've had a swivel base put in, i'm assuming it doesn't affect the mat fit??
Looking to get some from Mega Van Mats, step mats too... cheeky, but there's a code option at checkout - any discount codes for forum members does anyone know of?? fank ewe.

ummm me being a geek perhaps but those white arrows to 'pull in/over' are confusing... thought you couldn't overtake when there's a solid white line??!! shame about the speed thing too..
It's not a solid white line on the other side of the road, the arrows are telling drivers coming the other way to complete their overtake before it (presumably) turns into a double white line.

ummm me being a geek perhaps but those white arrows to 'pull in/over' are confusing... thought you couldn't overtake when there's a solid white line??!! shame about the speed thing too..
Solid white line is for oncomming traffic. The arrows mean it's a merging place going into one lane

Back