What Have You Bought Today?

A digital tape measure for those pesky height barriers.
Our van is 2.1 high and if the roof bars are on, but empty 2.2m
The barrier heights seem to be around 2m, 2.1 and 2.2m
sometimes there is a little bit of extra allowance, so with a quick check we could potentially get in a 2m or 2.1 car park.
This little thing is usb rechargeable and has a very clear display in bright sunlight, and obviously be helpful for some diy jobs,
View attachment 257315

Ps, if I drive into a barrier and smash my poptop roof I’ll let you know..
I don't even bother with 2.0/2.1/2.2m barriers, but I did have to check I was below 2.6m with my bag on my roof as there's some underpasses going around Le Mans than have a 2.6m restriction. I'm at 2.4m at most with a full bag on my rack.
1000010280.jpg

I don't even bother with 2.0/2.1/2.2m barriers, but I did have to check I was below 2.6m with my bag on my roof as there's some underpasses going around Le Mans than have a 2.6m restriction. I'm at 2.4m at most with a full bag on my rack.
I Wont attempt to drive under a 2 meter barrier with my 2.1 van without checking first, I guess it depends how high your van is, each is different, I know my local height barriers, it’s more for when we are away and the barrier car park is the only option, these height barriers are popping up everywhere it seems, so nice to know the actual height, not what’s written on the sign

So there are threads for what have you done today, one for where have you been today but not one for what have you bought today?

I must admit I've bought loads of parts, detailing products and other bits that I haven't got round to fitting or mentioning or I've bought a product and then realised someone else has used a similar product/parts that would of been a better option and helped me with my purchase.

So I wonder if this type of thread would be useful to other members?

Kicking it off ... I've spent weeks looking at DA polishers on the market and there are a lot to consider... in the end I went with a version of the Das6 pro plus from carbon collective...mainly as it had all the features of other das6 pro pluses but it came in white and black...to match the van.

Once I give it a go, I'll let you know how I got on with it

In the meantime I'm researching the best compound/polish to use with itView attachment 41947

So there are threads for what have you done today, one for where have you been today but not one for what have you bought today?

I must admit I've bought loads of parts, detailing products and other bits that I haven't got round to fitting or mentioning or I've bought a product and then realised someone else has used a similar product/parts that would of been a better option and helped me with my purchase.

So I wonder if this type of thread would be useful to other members?

Kicking it off ... I've spent weeks looking at DA polishers on the market and there are a lot to consider... in the end I went with a version of the Das6 pro plus from carbon collective...mainly as it had all the features of other das6 pro pluses but it came in white and black...to match the van.

Once I give it a go, I'll let you know how I got on with it

In the meantime I'm researching the best compound/polish to use with itView attachment 41947
Set of 3 sizes of metal brake pipe clamps, they are plastic with rubber seals, includes one for banjo type, clip on, no more dribbles when removing a caliper or slave cylinder.

A digital tape measure for those pesky height barriers.
Our van is 2.1 high and if the roof bars are on, but empty 2.2m
The barrier heights seem to be around 2m, 2.1 and 2.2m
sometimes there is a little bit of extra allowance, so with a quick check we could potentially get in a 2m or 2.1 car park.
This little thing is usb rechargeable and has a very clear display in bright sunlight, and obviously be helpful for some diy jobs,
View attachment 257315

Ps, if I drive into a barrier and smash my poptop roof I’ll let you know..
Is the barrier at the entrance always the lowest point? Or is it somewhere further inside?????

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Final few bits (I hope!) before my euro trip.

A front runner utensil roll
View attachment 257551

Levelling ramps
View attachment 257552

Some big body wash wet wipes, and a long handled window squeegee/sponge for the inevitable bug kill count I'll rack up on the van over a couple of thousand miles!
I use a tub of builders wonder wipes for bug removal. They work a treat

I use a tub of builders wonder wipes for bug removal. They work a treat
Tbh half the issue on my van is reaching the upper middle of the windscreen :rofl: even at 6ft 3in I struggle, and that's nothing to hold on to when stepping on the wheel!

I'll also be taking a spray bottle of ONR diluted as a quick detailer, it's excellent as a window cleaner too so that should be good to shift the bugs. Plus some microfiber towels.

Last edited:
Tbh half the issue on my van is reaching the upper middle of the windscreen :rofl: even at 6ft 3in I struggle, and that's nothing to hold on to when stepping on the wheel!
Wonder wipes are awesome :thumbsup:
I cant fit a foot on top of our wheel so i have to stand inside the cab with the door open , hanging off the cab roof handle or the A pillar handle and reach over . ..bit of a stretch .

Reactions: CAB
Wonder wipes are awesome :thumbsup:
I cant fit a foot on top of our wheel so i have to stand inside the cab with the door open , hanging off the cab roof handle or the A pillar handle and reach over . ..bit of a stretch .
I can fit a foot on the wheel but it's something I avoid doing as the consequences if I fell backwards... Let's just say I think there would be a loud snap noise and my foot wouldn't be pointing the right direction. :sick: Nope!

Picked up in the van that makes me money, to be fitted to the van that costs me money, a new to me Vw Cantara alloy wheel from Hereford.
To be stored as a “spare” in case any of the fitted 1’s get damaged.
The tyre will get scrapped.
IMG_3722.jpeg

Last edited:
Took a drive out on this beautiful summers day :rofl: to my local camping goods emporium (actually a decent, independent one with good prices and a LOT of stuff to choose from.... :D ) and picked up a Ridgemonkey and hand dandy folding bin (I always just end up with a bag tied to a door handle or similar!).

View attachment 256436

Also pondered on whether to spend £60 on what is basically sh***ng in a bag (posh style)
View attachment 256437

Vs Spending £60 on an actual porta potti which might take up a bit more space, but will be much easier to, ahem... deal with afterwards...
View attachment 256438

£60 to crap in a bag seems, expensive, no?
The portapotti (thetford 165) is y favorite purchase. Very handy to sit on when covered, Extremely handy for my regular number 1's. I ain't ashamed - portapottiboy4life

Back