Leisure power upgrade

Ahh, that'll be the apes who've put it into the truck then, they've obviously whacked it into something whilst moving it about! :(

Hopefully you'll get it sorted with the sender and a replacement.
On a brighter note.
More stuff arrived.
Just waiting on the battery, MPPT and shunt to arrive now.
And another solar panel by the looks of it.
IMG_6601.jpeg

My fancy new crimp set is arriving today also.
Only thing I’ve not ordered is the blue smart charger for the EHU.
As much as you guys pointed out I won’t need an EHU with this set up I still want to fit one.
This is because my microwave is hard wired into my van and only works on EHU and I also use the vans 240 sockets which only work on EHU to fast charge my EcoFlow delta 2 when we stop on a site for a shower.
So I’m not sure if the blue smart charger will work in the same way as my existing EHU in both charging the batteries and powering the vans 240 sockets and the microwave??
Is there a way I can achieve this?

My fancy new crimp set is arriving today also.
Only thing I’ve not ordered is the blue smart charger for the EHU.
As much as you guys pointed out I won’t need an EHU with this set up I still want to fit one.
This is because my microwave is hard wired into my van and only works on EHU and I also use the vans 240 sockets which only work on EHU to fast charge my EcoFlow delta 2 when we stop on a site for a shower.
So I’m not sure if the blue smart charger will work in the same way as my existing EHU in both charging the batteries and powering the vans 240 sockets and the microwave??
Is there a way I can achieve this?
Your sockets will probably be on a separate circuit to the charger, you'll probably have an RCD with breakers for each. So you would be able to have EHU with no charging, if required.

Post what your current EHU set up is. The other option is to not hard wire a 240v charger and just plug it into one of your 3 pin sockets when you're on hookup, with a permanently attached cable to connect to in your battery setup.

The blue smart charger is really just a back up, I've never desperately needed mine in so far as the sun always shines (on TV) and the solar whacks the power in... however the reality is when the battery has been rinsed by our crap weather this year and I blew the B2B fuse at Tintagel then EHU and Victron charger saved the day.:whistle:

Your sockets will probably be on a separate circuit to the charger, you'll probably have an RCD with breakers for each. So you would be able to have EHU with no charging, if required.

Post what your current EHU set up is. The other option is to not hard wire a 240v charger and just plug it into one of your 3 pin sockets when you're on hookup, with a permanently attached cable to connect to in your battery setup.
Mmmm think I will need some guidance on this.
Will go take pics of what’s there the now. Think it all goes through the Sargent with all the breakers in there. Give me 10 mins

I really dislike those all in one systems, quite honestly if I bought a van with one I'd probably rip the thing out and start from fresh!!

Eurgh. That could get complex then... Rather you than me! :rofl: :oops:
This is what’s there at the moment.
One decent thing is I have a small solar panel on the roof with a decent cable connection go through the roof already I can use for the big daddy dog I’m fitting.
IMG_6602.jpegIMG_6603.jpegIMG_6604.jpegIMG_6606.jpegIMG_6607.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Could I not just pull the bottom right blue 15a fuse for the charger to disable that ? Then leave the rest of it in place so when I plugged the EHU lead into the side of my van the sockets and microwave would work?
Then fit a removable blue smart charger on the very rare chance my LB needs topped up ?

Could I not just pull the bottom right blue 15a fuse for the charger to disable that ? Then leave the rest of it in place so when I plugged the EHU lead into the side of my van the sockets and microwave would work?
Then fit a removable blue smart charger on the very rare chance my LB needs topped up ?
Yeah that would be the best way - just fit a fused lead into your fused busbar with either an Anderson connector or a Victron connector. Then plug the 240v charger into a socket if you need it.

Is it the ip65 or ip22 240v charger you've got coming?

The ip65 has a detachable plug so you can easily connect or disconnect. With the IP22 toys need to make up your own lead.

With no inverter I very much doubt you'll need hook up!

Yeah that would be the best way - just fit a fused lead into your fused busbar with either an Anderson connector or a Victron connector. Then plug the 240v charger into a socket if you need it.

Is it the ip65 or ip22 240v charger you've got coming?

The ip65 has a detachable plug so you can easily connect or disconnect. With the IP22 toys need to make up your own lead.

With no inverter I very much doubt you'll need hook up!
ginkster recommended this lead for the charger so It can be removed.
The charger is the only thing I’ve not ordered yet but will order the IP65 with the plug.
So pulling the existing charger fuse will be fine for disabling the existing charger and my vans sockets and microwave will still work as normal on EHU?IMG_6608.png

I reckon so - the 240v breaker (third one) supplies power to the charger and the on the 12v side it's fused by that 15a fuse so pulling that should in theory stop the Sergeant charger from charging the battery. Whether you get any annoyed errors on the sergeant though is another matter!

Reactions: CAB
ginkster recommended this lead for the charger so It can be removed.
The charger is the only thing I’ve not ordered yet but will order the IP65 with the plug.
So pulling the existing charger fuse will be fine for disabling the existing charger and my vans sockets and microwave will still work as normal on EHU?View attachment 255613
Yep. Disable the existing charger and plug the ip65 into a 240v socket when on EHU. The lead above means you can connect it up permanently to the LB and remove the charger when you want.

Back