The Sandwich Van. My T6 project

Yes you can buy black seat belt buckles, I have them. Got them off ebay, pics in my thread
do you have a link to the thread i tried to look but couldn't find it.

Could it be as simple as rattle can of satin/matt black paint for the brackets?
I've seen a few threads on painting plastics to maybe ill give that a punt, its just weather the belt rubbing ruins it too quickly.

I've seen a few threads on painting plastics to maybe ill give that a punt, its just weather the belt rubbing ruins it too quickly.
I think it'll be fine of you remove it and give it a bloody good clean. the runner section probably wont need painting - i think its stainless steel bar maybe

So a cheeky mid week update, not having lights in the back that i could control easily was starting to be a bit frustrating so I decided to make a mount up for my remote and source a second one. I picked up a 3d printer last week so this seemed to be a perfect opportunity to fire it up and make something simple, that and a pre made design online and i was cooking on gas. as for a second remote luckily it looked like the roof company used a pretty common setup so sourcing a second set was quite easy.

Mount on the printer
IMG_1440.jpeg
Mount with the remote
IMG_6542.jpeg
Fitted in the car.

IMG_6543.jpeg

So its time for another small update, in the week i picked up a Forty Winks bed and matress off another forum member to tie me over until I can do a full conversion. I have to say its nice having a full size bed and there is still plenty of boot space. I also finally got around to connecting my rear lighter socket to the new fuse board so I can buy a powered cool box.

Fitment wise they are really straight forward picking up all standard fixing points and it took about 10 minutes to fit.
IMG_1510.jpeg
Here is it all set up.

We even decided to have a little trial camp in it at my parents to see how much of a mess camping with a newborn would be and I have to say he loved it, wasn't too bad at all so ill try and get some trips booked.

IMG_1502.jpeg

Last edited:
So another little update. I decided to do a test camp at the weekend in the van with the wife and newborn in tow.

I quickly realised wind deflectors would probably be a good idea and light switches are your friend so I’ve ordered some deflectors and a few spare remotes for my lights and fitted another by the back door.
IMG_1554.jpeg

IMG_1555.jpeg

The fir tree clip is a little short so I’ll see if I can find some extra long ones but it’s gripping for now.

I’ve also got my wind deflectors fitted which being heiko ones was super straight forward

IMG_1519.jpeg

IMG_1518.jpeg
Just those two bits of sticky back plastic and a couple of push in clips.
IMG_1520.jpeg

So another little update. I decided to do a test camp at the weekend in the van with the wife and newborn in tow.

I quickly realised wind deflectors would probably be a good idea and light switches are your friend so I’ve ordered some deflectors and a few spare remotes for my lights and fitted another by the back door.
View attachment 252855

View attachment 252856

The fir tree clip is a little short so I’ll see if I can find some extra long ones but it’s gripping for now.

I’ve also got my wind deflectors fitted which being heiko ones was super straight forward

View attachment 252897

View attachment 252898
Just those two bits of sticky back plastic and a couple of push in clips.
View attachment 252899
You might want to get some extra clips from ebay, the Heiko's have a habit of falling out after a while!

Especially on the side that is parked towards the sun, the sticky bits can be affected.

You might want to get some extra clips from ebay, the Heiko's have a habit of falling out after a while!

Especially on the side that is parked towards the sun, the sticky bits can be affected.
Thanks for the tip I put two extra in as I had a couple but I’ll order some more

Reactions: CAB
So i spent a little more time last night and wired in a battery indicator and extra USB socket using some parts i saw n another build thread on the forum. im pretty pleased with how it turned out its handy to be able to know the leisure battery is charging ok.
IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

That’s it all in with the seat pocket re attached.

IMG_1570.jpeg

Back