VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

A guy turned up to site today in a new Transit Custom.
I asked him how he found it.
He said it was the best van he had ever had, and was super comfy, and a great drive.
I went on to ask if he had any issues with it, and then he started.
Lots of electrical glitches, and been back and forth to the dealers several times. Wiper stalk failed, and a six week wait for that.
Then, the best one. He had his oil light come up, and when checked his oil was low. Topped it up, only for it to come back on soon after.
Back into Fords, and they told him normal consumption for this engine is 1ltr every 2000 miles.
I have another friend with one, who came out of an old shaped Custom, which he loved. Its been nothing but agro, with more time at the dealers than with him.
Not a good look based on those two examples.
I just watched a video of panel gaps and other issues on a brand new van, and it looked pretty awful.

You know that 1ltr of oil you got with your T6 when it was new? I just put in the other half of it last month just before the service. Apart from the oil it gets on a service, my van has used 1ltr extra of oil in 63k.

Reactions: CAB
Did you know the new Ford Explorer EV shares the same platform as the VW ID.4/5. Two massive companies on their arse's, one for telling lies, the other for churning out a rubbish product for the last 20 years. You decide which is which.

It's quite ironic that in 1948 the entire VW company was offered to Ford for free, and they turned it down.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back