What Have You Bought Today?

@JOG thinking of getting one for T6.1 , be interested to know your thoughts , would you recommend ? Cheers
I’ve got a different version called Carlinkit 2.0 in both my Golf (RCD330) and my T6 (discover media I think).

Works great. About £65 from AliExpress. Have been using them for years.

Would also like to relocate to the glove box!

It’s on my to-do list, too! What’s the connection like - stable?

Would also like to relocate to the glove box!

Haven’t had it long enough yet to comment. @Texxaco has hand one for longer….then again, with covid, not many are travelling any distance at the moment

My two are very good. This guy does lots of balanced reviews of various CarPlay dongles.

Generally speaking, my two units…
- connect fairly quickly, approx 30 secs, by the time I leave by street,
- are fairly stable, freeze sometimes but so rarely I can’t even estimate the frequency (I just unplug and plug back in)
- do suffer some lag on the touch controls, not enough to negate the convenience of not having to plug a wire in,
- music and phone calls always work perfectly, without any glitches and or stuttering,
- can connect multiple phones and switch between them - swapping mid journey is a tad slow, but wife and I use our cars with our own phones without trouble,
- Siri works fine, even without any button press.

No brainier for me. Clearly happy with the first, as I bought a second! And also bought one for a family member.

looking at a mattress topper to hopefully improve our nights sleep, we currently use a duvalay with a self inflating mattress, has anyone got or used this from Argos…Aidapt 5.0cm Memory Foam Cool Mattress Topper (double) then cut to size.

Last edited:
looking at a mattress topper to hopefully improve our nights sleep, we currently use a duvalay with a self inflating mattress, has anyone got or used this from Argos…Aidapt 5.0cm Memory Foam Cool Mattress Topper (double) then cut to size.
I’m working on the exact same for our 130cm RIB. We’ve tried a 10cm Vango self-inflating mattress. Pretty comfortable but an absolutely b*****d to deflate. And anything inflatable inevitably leaks or deflates. Then we tried 2.5cm compact Duvalay mattress toppers. Not comfortable enough for my sore back.

I’ve just today pushed the button on a 5cm Gold memory foam mattress topper from Duvalay.

I’m going to go broke trying to find the right bedding!

I’m working on the exact same for our 130cm RIB. We’ve tried a 10cm Vango self-inflating mattress. Pretty comfortable but an absolutely b*****d to deflate. And anything inflatable inevitably leaks or deflates. Then we tried 2.5cm compact Duvalay mattress toppers. Not comfortable enough for my sore back.

I’ve just today pushed the button on a 5cm Gold memory foam mattress topper from Duvalay.

10cm air bed from decathlon did the trick for us

Be very interested in how you get on with the 5cm duvalay as that's what we're looking at.

Back