Roamer LiFePO4 Gen2 230Ah Seatbase battery -- "How I Done It" --

@RoamerBatteries.........Steve sorry to keep bothering you.( particularly on sundays.grafting all hours my humbles)....an as always huge thanks for all the help :thumbsup: Mate,the BMS low voltage cut off is 11V......that's correct isn't it? So a couple of Q's to do with that

First you say to completely discharge the batt a couple of times to allow the vic smart shunt to sink up...is that simply discharge until the BMS cuts power to the cells? Do I really need to push it that far?

Second very related to that....what's the figure I set my 12 1200 vic pheonix VE direct inverter for.............. again it's low voltage cut off.

My leaning is that figure should be higher than the 11V of the BMS as I don't really want to push my super new battery to the extremes...even though your fab BMS offers me protection against low voltages.kinda seems illogical?

many thanks

stu

@RoamerBatteries.........Steve sorry to keep bothering you.( particularly on sundays.grafting all hours my humbles)....an as always huge thanks for all the help :thumbsup: Mate,the BMS low voltage cut off is 11V......that's correct isn't it? So a couple of Q's to do with that

First you say to completely discharge the batt a couple of times to allow the vic smart shunt to sink up...is that simply discharge until the BMS cuts power to the cells? Do I really need to push it that far?

Second very related to that....what's the figure I set my 12 1200 vic pheonix VE direct inverter for.............. again it's low voltage cut off.

My leaning is that figure should be higher than the 11V of the BMS as I don't really want to push my super new battery to the extremes...even though your fab BMS offers me protection against low voltages.kinda seems illogical?

many thanks

stu
Sorry Stu, just seen this.

Yes 11.0V is low voltage cutoff.

No need to discharge in order to sync your Victron, you can charge to 100% or simply go into settings and manually change it to match BMS.

I wouldn’t worry too much about phoenix cutoff but if you want to set this then remember voltage will drop under load. So maybe 11.5V is fine

Thanks for the comeback Steve it's ok it's a few days on mate we are all busy folks my feet ain't touched the ground an i'm on hols :thumbsup: 11.5 seems logical thank you

Ok I'll try and sync manually see where that gets me. I'm still building me camper Steve, so haven't taxed the battery yet.............but the lovely thing is all my 18V tools ( I work in construction so tools are my livelyhood) that are making our camper van are now powered by your battery an the sun an this blue stuff

Ha damn I love that a camper powering it's own build..that's so cool:D

take care mate thanks for getting back

stu

just the update on the above . . . .

( the van being left for 3 weeks with a low sub 500mA load switched on - which caused a SoC drift from the battery BMS and Shunt data)

The BMS drift showed 46% and 92%.

( FYI - this can happen on all large lithium batterys with very low loads)

after a couple of days charging via the Renogy DC50s the Roamer is again fully charged.

++

both BMS and shunt are now showing 100% and we are back to normal operation.

this is only a temporary effect and you can see it took 3weeks to drift, and two days to correct its self.

this wont be an issue over long weekends or or even weeks if the van is driven causing a dc-dc charger to recharge & reset anyway.

you will only notice this on extended stays with a very low consumption - ie van parked up alone in storage, with no charge source.

View attachment 158135View attachment 158136View attachment 158137

+++

I've had a few people asking me what im using for the stand alone shunt ( That i run alongside the lithium batterys):

im using the Victron Smart shunt:

this is Bluetooth so connects to the victron app on your phone.

View attachment 158138

+++

for the battery, check out ROAMER:

View attachment 158139View attachment 158141View attachment 158140View attachment 158142
I am faffing with my Roamer under seat (Gen 1) battery which has a different BMS, but I am getting a reasonable imbalance in cell voltage during the absorption stage. This is largely because my battery sat for 12 months before installation.

Roamer are being very helpful and I am talking to them to resolve my imbalance (To the batteries, not my state of mind!)

I wondered if you guys could tell me what sort of "Delta" figure you guys are seeing when your battery is in the absorption stage when charging? (What i mean is the difference between the lowest and highest (EG: The Delta from your post was 0.239, what sort of numbers do you regularly see now that things have clamed down? How many cycles did it take for yours to calm down?

I am also interested to see what this Delta figure falls to during float charge at 13.5V?

1662194692127.png

With Roamer's help mine is starting to calm down, but I just wondered what is normal and what to aim for?

DING DING Round#2

so here it is the V2 version of the Gen2 230 SB. (probably easier to just say Roamer have tweaked the gen 2 model)

12V 230SB Gen2-V2 - 230AH SEATBASE LIFEPO4​

ref:

@Dellmassive
@RoamerBatteries

+++++++++++

10% PREORDER DISCOUNT INCLUDED. DELIVERY 15th OCTOBER

+++++++++++

1662403187413.png

+++++++++++

so its finally here:

this is what @RoamerBatteries has to say about the V2 version . . . . .

- it’s a tweaked version of the gen 2 batteries – same cells and BMS but build quality and factory QC is much improved.

- We obviously changed the handles – hopefully these look a lot nicer than the welded top mounted ones. The BMS bracket tidies up the internals but also allows us to easily swap out the BMS under warranty if needed.

- Dimensions are also different – its now 330mm x 280mm x 180mm instead of 305mm x 290mm x 180mm. Internally we’ve shifted the BMS to the front which allows us to fit in the side handles and still allow space to reduce width slightly (apparently the new T6.1 seatbase is narrower – 289mm! between the floor mount rails).

- We were already using grade A+ cells which is a fancy way of saying they are brand new grade A cells but matched by resistance and capacity before install. The improvement on this model is we now get the factory to load test the completed packs and also test the top and bottom balance of the cells. A ‘pass’ on the top balance is when the pack reaches 14.2V with all cells between 3.5V and 3.65V. Similarly a ‘pass’ on bottom balance is discharging to 10.5V with all cells between 2.5V and 2.7V. We get them to video each battery test and document test results matched to the serial number so we can check this later if needed.

+++++++

official spec:

KEY DETAILS​

• Nominal capacity of 230Ah at 12.8V
  • Up to 250A continuous charge/discharge
  • 500A peak charge/discharge (10 seconds)
  • Connect up to 4 batteries in series or parallel
  • Compact and lightweight - just 20kg
  • Integrated Roamer BMS Bluetooth App
  • Low temp charge protection

DESCRIPTION

The 230SEATBASE2 is the original low profile LiFePO4 battery designed for installation under a campervan swivel seat. We’ve used the same compact cells and high power BMS as our flagship 460Ah, allowing us to us to fit a massive amount of capacity into a case that is actually smaller than the previous model. It can deliver a continuous charge/discharge rate of 250A, enough to power a two ring induction hob (or any other domestic appliance) via an inverter (max 3200W).

The upgraded BMS will passively balance all internal cells, and also support installation of up to 4 x 230SEATBASE batteries in series or parallel (one under each seat) with auto balancing for parallel connected batteries. It also provides a complete range of protections including low temperature charging.

Roamer BMS App Integration

The Roamer BMS Bluetooth app allows you to monitor and configure your battery in real time using any iOS or Android device. You can view real time information on the state of charge, cell voltages and power usage, view and edit detailed parameters, and quickly identify problems with the integrated alarms.

Electrical Installation

The 230SEATBASE2 is designed as a drop in lead-acid replacement and can be installed in almost any campervan, motorhome or boat. Terminals are M8 steel bolts (supplied with the battery along with washers and spring rings). You should ensure that any connected chargers are compatible with LiFePO4 batteries and configured correctly.

+++

WARRANTY​

• 10 year warranty from date of shipment
  • Covers manufacturing faults, cell and BMS failures (terms apply)

TECH SPECIFICATION​

• Nominal Capacity
    230Ah
  • Nominal Voltage
    12.8V
  • Max Charge Voltage
    14.6V
  • Recommended Charge Voltage
    14.2V
  • Recommended Float Voltage
    13.5V
  • Max Cont. Discharge
    250A
  • Peak Discharge (10s)
    500A
  • Dimensions
    330mm L x 280mm W x 180mm H
  • Weight
    21Kg

++++++++

++++++++

well thats the official word . .

lets have a look at my one . . . ( #Very_Exited )

the packaging this time around is much improved, with a sturdy box, good quality foam packing and suitable side handles to carry.

this is one heavy battery at 21Kgs

1662403911938.png

there's a nice surprise waiting for you inside . . .

1662403939208.png

spoiler alert - contents below :

1662403963616.png

getting the battery out, we see the new improved design.

1662404032285.png

gone are the welded top handles and replaced with stylish integrated black side handles. . .

1662404079084.png

the front panel has all the info you need to know . . .

1662404333166.png
there is a new format for the BT BMS . . . .

which shows MAKE-MODEL-SERIAL.

we also have the same M8 Bolt terminals that come with supplied covers. . .

1662404396789.png

That's the end of the official unboxing. . . .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now Nobody tell Steve or Chris about this, as I'm about to invalidate my 10year warranty.

i just had to see the internal improvements myself . . . . (and show you guys how good this battery is)

This wipes out your warranty, also lithium cells can be very dangerous, - SO, DO NOT DO THIS (I've done it for you) !!!!

opening up the unit, . . .

we see the NEW BMS BRACKET,

The BT Module is also mounted on one side.

The cells are spaced in from the sides to accommodate the new handles,

1662404792448.png

1662404915972.png

the main terminals are connected to the BMS via FOUR 8AWG 200C silicone cables ( this battery is rated 250/500A )

1662404973171.png

++

at the bottom we have glued connections for the

BT Module,
4+1 cell taps
Temp sensors.

1662405082212.png

under the BMS you can see the GRADE A PRISMATIC cells with fibre board insulators.

1662405180514.png

overall I'm impressed with the built quality and improvements . . . ( nice work @RoamerBatteries )

1662405231932.png

once again - DO NOT DO THIS.

OK - next up the install . . . . . . . . . . . .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

more details:

10% PREORDER DISCOUNT INCLUDED. DELIVERY 15th OCTOBER

++++

1662405481303.png

1662405430056.png1662405444428.png1662405459249.png1662405452583.png

Last edited:

12V 230SB Gen2-V2 - 230AH SEATBASE LIFEPO4​

- THE INSTALL -

i had a Renogy 100Ah Smart in the seatbase, that needed to be removed. . .

1662405632774.png

once out we had some space to play with . . .

1662405660432.png

dropping the battery in, you can see its a bit longer front to back,

and slightly narrower side to side . . .

1662405711385.png

height wise we are about the same. . .

1662405755362.png

the other seatbase we have the dc-dc charger and inverter etc . . . .

1662405811237.png

+++

Battery is in . . .

now for some testing. . .

first up is the ROAMER APP . . .

we see the battery broadcasting its ID,

1662405889662.png

we have a current SOC of 75% . . . and rest voltage of 13.27v

1662405911990.png

the details tab gives us extra info . . .

1662405946611.png

all the protections show clear . . .

1662405967856.png

running the van we see 45A charge via the Renogy 50A dc-dc charger. . .

1662406013464.png

the readings are confirmed with the Victron BMV712. . .

1662406044749.png

checking the Renogy settings . . . 50A current

1662406074064.png

we can change to 30A . . .

1662406108818.png
so we have a lesser charge to ease the battery in . . .

1662406142810.png

again confirmed with the ROAMER APP . .

1662406164631.png

. .

well run the battery through a few cycles and give an update . . .

1662406227252.png

1662406266194.png

++++++

Last edited:
Big News from Team Roamer . . . . .

First of all they have a brand spanking new website (drumroll please) -

@RoamerBatteries

1671712870272.png

secondly the long awaited Gen3 battery is announced. . .

Roamer are calling it :

The new 3rd generation SMART range of batteries

"These new batteries are a solid upgrade – several models have had a capacity boost (eg 200Ah is now 230Ah and 300Ah is now 320Ah) and we added active balancing and inverter precharge protection to the BMS. They’re now built in serviceable cases too so can be repaired and upgraded as part of our sustainability work and the internal build quality is spot on."

1671713080830.png

now with:

Active Balancing​

Our premium active balancing module is a first in the UK market. Keep your battery cells finely balanced with no energy losses, access the full available capacity, and extend the useful life of your battery. Cell balancing is an essential feature of every Battery Management System (BMS) but most BMS use passive balancing as its simpler and cheaper. Active balancing involves moving charge from one cell to another rather than simply burning off the excess charge through a resistor, making it more efficient and able to balance cells even when the battery is discharging. With a balancing current of up to 2000mA compared to the typical 50mA found on other BMS, the new Roamer SMART battery can also handle a wider range of charge voltages and is less prone to cell voltage drift that can develop as a result of incorrect charging.

++

Serviceable. Repairable. Upgradeable

As part of our journey towards a more sustainable model and to underline our commitment to sustainability, we designed our new SMART batteries to be fully serviceable, repairable and upgradeable. Combined with free ROAMERCARE you get complete peace of mind that your battery will live a long and happy life. ROAMERCARE offers service guarantees for the life of your battery but also provides the opportunity to upgrade at any point so you don’t need to worry about missing out on future BMS developments - our modular design allows for simple repairs and BMS swaps. It’s so simple, you could even do it yourself on the road.

+++

With great power comes great responsibility​

Roamer exists because we wanted the very best batteries for our own off-grid adventures. In our relentless pursuit of building the best, each and every battery is rigorously tested and checked before we ship it to you. Inside the box you’ll find our quality guarantee sticker and factory test certificate. We also do everything humanly possible to ensure that our batteries are manufactured, tested, distributed, and delivered in the most environmentally sustainable way possible. Our batteries are also built to be serviced, repaired or upgraded as required, thereby reducing waste and maximising the life of raw materials used.

+++

Think outside. No box required.​

Venturing out into the wilderness requires total confidence in your gear. And that’s why it’s our mission to make off-grid batteries with unrivalled build quality. We start with the highest quality Grade A+ cells and a custom high power BMS, then add precision-engineered brackets, flexible copper busbars, and serviceable IP65 cases. Open up a Roamer battery and you'll immediately notice the difference in quality compared to our competitors. Backed by rigorous testing processes and our 10 year warranty - consider our mission accomplished.

+++

10 year warranty

+++

Grade A+ LiFePO4
Professional grade A+ matched LiFePO4 cells from CATL - the number one lithium battery cell manufacturer in the world. Only the best components go into a Roamer battery.

+++

Advanced BMS
Our innovative custom BMS includes over/under voltage, high/low temperature, short circuit and over current protection plus active cell balancing - all seamlessly monitored via Bluetooth.

+++

Unrivalled power
Go gas free with up to 2.5x the power of other lithium battery brands. Power any inverter up to 3200W and run any appliance off grid - including an induction hob, air fryer or kettle.

+++

Surge protection
Every Roamer battery now includes a precharge resistor to protect your battery BMS from high surge currents that can be induced by connection of large inverters or other capacitive loads.

+++

I've already got my name down for the Gen3 230SEATBASE3 (jan23 ETA) ( @RoamerBatteries )

1671713263452.png

1671713281896.png

The Roamer 230SEATBASE3 uses the very best Grade A+ matched CATL cells and comes assembled with precision-engineered brackets, laser-welded cell connections, flexible copper busbars and an IP65 waterproof case.

Maintaining excellent balance throughout its 15 year life expectancy, your Roamer will deliver stable, high power with every cycle. Our additional factory and warehouse testing processes ensure the highest possible quality and because we believe in our product, we back everything with a 10 year warranty.

To ensure maximum lifespan, every 230SEATBASE3 comes with a state-of-the-art internal Battery Management System (BMS) with Active Balancing - developed specifically for Roamer to support high power off-grid living.

1671713190985.png

+++

check em out:

+++

Last edited:
blimey 10 year warranty thats got to be worth every penny as long as the small print isnt a cop out

blimey 10 year warranty thats got to be worth every penny as long as the small print isnt a cop out
I can't see Roamer being other than genuine Dave, ha maybe I'm just too trusting ,we have a 230 SB from them Steve an Chris have been very patient with me. they just seem like decent good folks

Worth every penny made I smile.....a grand was a massive sum for us to find.we are a bit bargain basement still pinching ourselves we have a campervan( early T5) at all..maybe it's taken us 2 or 3 years to slowly buy all the leccy gizmos for our little off grid type bus. But that ten year thing is sort of beguiling.see that is £100 a year battery wise. Dave I never saw how much our house hold energy bills were going to rise.ha it was always coming anyone can see that but as fast as it's happened frankly has shocked probably many of us certainly me.

So now while my little bus sits on our drive waiting for me to finish off the build the 160 watt panel on the roof chugs away filling up the big old lump of a battery. I've essentially got all this free power sitting there.

So we have taken to charging all my power tools ( I work in construction ) head torches phones I pad thing camera batteries in the bus. Now sure they are all little items but they all run now for free rather than me using the grid and paying through the nose for that energy it's free. Say I save 30p a day where does that lead one over ten years?

What makes me smile is if that free energy that now charges all my battery gizmos over a year equates to more than £100 and me Roamers lasts for 10 years.then essentially I'd have not spent any money on the battery.........and that's not using the van as a camper and all the fun therein................

That's just from an off shoot of haviing installed the bus with a blumming big efficient battery and a decent solar panel.

I've probably written something like this before here I'm frankly stunned by it all.It simply never occured to me how much this little offgrid system would fold back into my daily life.........hmm I just wanted a shed load of redundancy when camping so my fridge would always start ;)

there ya go Dave .........hmm well they say that folks on transporter forums are good at spending other folks money, buy a roamer if it lasts ten years you'll save yourself a shillin' or 2

QED:rofl:

I can't see Roamer being other than genuine Dave, ha maybe I'm just too trusting ,we have a 230 SB from them Steve an Chris have been very patient with me. they just seem like decent good folks

Worth every penny made I smile.....a grand was a massive sum for us to find.we are a bit bargain basement still pinching ourselves we have a campervan( early T5) at all..maybe it's taken us 2 or 3 years to slowly buy all the leccy gizmos for our little off grid type bus. But that ten year thing is sort of beguiling.see that is £100 a year battery wise. Dave I never saw how much our house hold energy bills were going to rise.ha it was always coming anyone can see that but as fast as it's happened frankly has shocked probably many of us certainly me.

So now while my little bus sits on our drive waiting for me to finish off the build the 160 watt panel on the roof chugs away filling up the big old lump of a battery. I've essentially got all this free power sitting there.

So we have taken to charging all my power tools ( I work in construction ) head torches phones I pad thing camera batteries in the bus. Now sure they are all little items but they all run now for free rather than me using the grid and paying through the nose for that energy it's free. Say I save 30p a day where does that lead one over ten years?

What makes me smile is if that free energy that now charges all my battery gizmos over a year equates to more than £100 and me Roamers lasts for 10 years.then essentially I'd have not spent any money on the battery.........and that's not using the van as a camper and all the fun therein................

That's just from an off shoot of haviing installed the bus with a blumming big efficient battery and a decent solar panel.

I've probably written something like this before here I'm frankly stunned by it all.It simply never occured to me how much this little offgrid system would fold back into my daily life.........hmm I just wanted a shed load of redundancy when camping so my fridge would always start ;)

there ya go Dave .........hmm well they say that folks on transporter forums are good at spending other folks money, buy a roamer if it lasts ten years you'll save yourself a shillin' or 2

QED:rofl:
awesome write up thank you!
thats a good shout using it to charge items off the solar. Im sure its only a matter of time before more and more people take to using them for domestic too. I have a chest freezer and fridge in the garage that would be great for a solar/batter combo... got me thinking now!

lol jealous ^^^^ mind the t5 will suit us wanted something small daily driver an all that. but yeah I'd love to do a a crafter , Haha the miind boggles wood wise with where I could go with that !! Donk have you seen THQ's yellow crafter build?? There is a you tube vid somewhere.'ere ya go

got to be something to inspire you there kiddo!!

dave I struggle with words awesome is very kind....mate we have a woodburner with back boiler........ I work new build sites there is always wood thrown in skips,but one has to cut it.Roamer provided that power via an 18V circular saw...................... so.basically a warm of the house in the morn and eve and all our hot water until the beginning of december was all buck she,on top of the above.

It does make one think on how this tech can be used even though it genuinely never occured to me until after the build leccy wise was done and dusted. Lol it seems being a bit belt an braces is a good thing I installed so many charge points in the camper build think we have 4 double usb 2 cig sockets plus the 2 X 230V off the inverter all runniing off the Roamer..... I can charge a lot of little things at the same time if needed. Def have thoughts about a cordless vac for both van and house now . The roamer has sort of effected how I think anything with a rechargable batt is on my radar now.. sure solar yields are low right now .we are a day of the winter solstice in blighty,that said my panel chugs away every hour of daylight and a biggish battery stores all that energy

lol jealous ^^^^ mind the t5 will suit us wanted something small daily driver an all that. but yeah I'd love to do a a crafter , Haha the miind boggles wood wise with where I could go with that !! Donk have you seen THQ's yellow crafter build?? There is a you tube vid somewhere.'ere ya go

got to be something to inspire you there kiddo!!

dave I struggle with words awesome is very kind....mate we have a woodburner with back boiler........ I work new build sites there is always wood thrown in skips,but one has to cut it.Roamer provided that power via an 18V circular saw...................... so.basically a warm of the house in the morn and eve and all our hot water until the beginning of december was all buck she,on top of the above.

It does make one think on how this tech can be used even though it genuinely never occured to me until after the build leccy wise was done and dusted. Lol it seems being a bit belt an braces is a good thing I installed so many charge points in the camper build think we have 4 double usb 2 cig sockets plus the 2 X 230V off the inverter all runniing off the Roamer..... I can charge a lot of little things at the same time if needed. Def have thoughts about a cordless vac for both van and house now . The roamer has sort of effected how I think anything with a rechargable batt is on my radar now.. sure solar yields are low right now .we are a day of the winter solstice in blighty,that said my panel chugs away every hour of daylight and a biggish battery stores all that energy
Yes, I've seen that video. That van is MASSIVE!

-- ROAMER 230SB3 (Gen3) --

its finally here, -

the latest Gen3 version of the Roamer - SeatBase 230Ah Lifepo4 battery.

+++

+++

now with a spec and test sheet, QR code for the cell pack. . . stickers and more.

1690532087213.png

1690532121547.png

there is a new sticker on the top with all the important details,

and QR code for the APP,

1690532178486.png

its the same APP as before. . .

1690532226747.png
+++

1690538846970.png

++++++

I've been full testing it over the last few weeks. . .

we built a portable battery box . . .

1690538959863.png1690538975055.png

that run T6F Summer camp . . .

+++

we pulled it apart and tested every element of it. . .

1690539099734.png
1690539146522.png

1690540219547.png

+++++++++

The New SMART Range of Roamer battery's gets the @Dellmassive thumbs up and seal of approval.

well done guys.

+++++++++

so what's new . . . .

new active cell balancer,
can run a 3000w inverter,
250A / 500A discharge rate,
same 10year warranty.

+++

1690539356271.png

+++

1690539422493.png

230SEATBASE3​

12V 230Ah LiFePO4
The bar has been raised yet again. Say hello to our 3rd generation Roamer 230SEATBASE3. Grade A+ matched cells provide 230Ah of usable capacity while a high power Battery Management System (BMS) with Active Balancing allows up to 3200W of continuous power - all in a custom case that fits neatly under a campervan swivel seat.

Active Balancing​

Our premium active balancing module is a first in the UK market. Keep your battery cells finely balanced with no energy losses, access the full available capacity, and extend the useful life of your battery. Cell balancing is an essential feature of every Battery Management System (BMS) but most BMS use passive balancing as its simpler and cheaper. Active balancing involves moving charge from one cell to another rather than simply burning off the excess charge through a resistor, making it more efficient and able to balance cells even when the battery is discharging. With a balancing current of up to 2000mA compared to the typical 50mA found on other BMS, the new Roamer SMART battery can also handle a wider range of charge voltages and is less prone to cell voltage drift that can develop as a result of incorrect charging.

Serviceable. Repairable. Upgradeable

As part of our journey towards a more sustainable model and to underline our commitment to sustainability, we designed our new SMART batteries to be fully serviceable, repairable and upgradeable. Combined with free ROAMERCARE you get complete peace of mind that your battery will live a long and happy life. ROAMERCARE offers service guarantees for the life of your battery but also provides the opportunity to upgrade at any point so you don’t need to worry about missing out on future BMS developments - our modular design allows for simple repairs and BMS swaps. It’s so simple, you could even do it yourself on the road.

Built by adventurers with a genuine passion for van life​

The Roamer 230SEATBASE3 uses the very best Grade A+ matched cells and comes assembled with precision-engineered brackets, laser-welded cell connections, flexible copper busbars and an IP65 waterproof case.
Maintaining excellent balance throughout its 15 year life expectancy, your Roamer will deliver stable, high power with every cycle. Our additional factory and warehouse testing processes ensure the highest possible quality and because we believe in our product, we back everything with a 10 year warranty.
To ensure maximum lifespan, every 230SEATBASE3 comes with a state-of-the-art internal Battery Management System (BMS) with Active Balancing - developed specifically for Roamer to support high power off-grid living.

A front row seat to uninterrupted adventure​

The 230SEATBASE3 is the newest version of our original low-profile LiFePO4 battery - designed for installation under a campervan swivel seat. We’ve used the same A+ grade matched cells and high-power BMS as our flagship 460 SMART3, allowing us to fit massive amounts of capacity into a case that is actually smaller than the previous model. With a continuous charge/discharge rate of 250A, you can power any domestic appliance up to 3200W via an inverter.
The upgraded BMS actively balances all internal cells, and also supports installation of multiple 230SEATBASE3 batteries in series or parallel - with auto balancing for parallel connected batteries. It provides a complete range of protections including low temperature charging.

With great power comes great responsibility​

Roamer exists because we wanted the very best batteries for our own off-grid adventures. In our relentless pursuit of building the best, each and every battery is rigorously tested and checked before we ship it to you. Inside the box you’ll find our quality guarantee sticker and factory test certificate. We also do everything humanly possible to ensure that our batteries are manufactured, tested, distributed, and delivered in the most environmentally sustainable way possible. Our batteries are also built to be serviced, repaired or upgraded as required, thereby reducing waste and maximising the life of raw materials used.

Safety First​

Here at Roamer, we take safety extremely seriously and strive to make the safest LiFePO4 batteries possible. It is no secret that Lithium can be dangerous and whilst LiFePo4 is without doubt, the safest option, it is still not without risk. And that’s why we go above and beyond on both compulsory and voluntary extensive safety tests and processes. We choose to test every single battery before it leaves the factory by cycling to 100% and 0% and applying a high charge and discharge load to identify potentially faulty cells and connections, test BMS performance and verify cell balance at the top and bottom of the voltage-charge cycle. Our SMART3 batteries use only traceable branded cells from reputable manufacturers with lab test reports to verify battery safety as part of the EN 61619 certification. Finally, our product and fulfilment services also meet the courier requirements to ship Dangerous Goods under the UN3480 certification. Find out more about the steps we have taken to ensure maximum safety here.

1690539525511.png

New user guide:

I've now fitted the 230SB3 in the T6, . . .

the Gen2 230SB is now in the battery box for portable power.

with both of these battery's i can now call upon 460Ah worth of Lifepo4 power.

that should see us through . . . . . .

+++++++++++++++++

check em out . . .

+++++++++++++++++

Roamer on T6Forum - @RoamerBatteries

+++++++++++++++++

@Dellmassive @RoamerBatteries .guys my seatbase 230gen2 has been flawless since install I love the thing would recommend to anyone.

This morn it was cold here, first time for a long while.............so because I can........... I checked the low temp disconnect.all good charging off at 0C discharging on.all as it should be.

A few hours later temp on Roamer app still reading 0C charging has come on.do I have a problem??? .....should that not happen until +5C has been reached?

Guys to refresh I have victron 12 12 30 Orion Tr smart of little relevance here( I switch that on manually) EHU via a victron mains charger.which frankly I never use...and 250W of solar running through a 12 /100 victron MPPT.which is my main concern as obviously when da sun comes up that gig starts harvesting and shouldn't my BMS be blocking that until my SB is warm enough IE 5C?

Second Q.question..............is there a 12V heat source...maybe something like a heat pad I could sit underneath my roamer battery to warm it up..............maybe coupled into a temp sensing relay W1209? to switch on and off? @Dellmassive .is there a gizmo to bring a phototactic response into the equation?

To extrapolate:.........my roamer sits on VW's original rubber mat and under that there's a layer of dodo thermoliner and deadn.but my battery stays COLD !!!! for a long time.even with my wallas running or the T5's heater running.

Therefore in winter bar running a 230V 1000W kettle.which basically i've noted tends to knock the battery up by aprox 5degreesC I am struggling to get the batt up to temp where I can charge it .

Running a 230 ketttle off grid is cool an all but it#s not a terribly energy efficient way, I would guess, of getting my battery to a temperature where it can be charged.

Many thanks both

take care

stu

@Dellmassive @RoamerBatteries .guys my seatbase 230gen2 has been flawless since install I love the thing would recommend to anyone.

This morn it was cold here, first time for a long while.............so because I can........... I checked the low temp disconnect.all good charging off at 0C discharging on.all as it should be.

A few hours later temp on Roamer app still reading 0C charging has come on.do I have a problem??? .....should that not happen until +5C has been reached?

Guys to refresh I have victron 12 12 30 Orion Tr smart of little relevance here( I switch that on manually) EHU via a victron mains charger.which frankly I never use...and 250W of solar running through a 12 /100 victron MPPT.which is my main concern as obviously when da sun comes up that gig starts harvesting and shouldn't my BMS be blocking that until my SB is warm enough IE 5C?

Second Q.question..............is there a 12V heat source...maybe something like a heat pad I could sit underneath my roamer battery to warm it up..............maybe coupled into a temp sensing relay W1209? to switch on and off? @Dellmassive .is there a gizmo to bring a phototactic response into the equation?

To extrapolate:.........my roamer sits on VW's original rubber mat and under that there's a layer of dodo thermoliner and deadn.but my battery stays COLD !!!! for a long time.even with my wallas running or the T5's heater running.

Therefore in winter bar running a 230V 1000W kettle.which basically i've noted tends to knock the battery up by aprox 5degreesC I am struggling to get the batt up to temp where I can charge it .

Running a 230 ketttle off grid is cool an all but it#s not a terribly energy efficient way, I would guess, of getting my battery to a temperature where it can be charged.

Many thanks both

take care

stu
got any screen shots of the APP?

Cold Temp Charge blocking is 0degc and the clear is CTCC +5degc.

with mine. . . if been very cold over night. . .

the battery inside the van is always a good few degrees higher than the outside.

and even when its 0 or below inside the van, as soon as the engine is running/driving, within 5mins the heaters kicj in and start warming the inside.

so im normally charging again within 30min or so.

1701002112183.png1701002121770.png1701002130226.png

The BMS settings show charge blocking below 0degc,

and release at +5degc

1701002180772.png

Back